This spring, Augustana marks the 14th anniversary of the Covenant Awards, the honor recognizing students who exemplify the University's five core values: Christian, Liberal Arts, Excellence, Community and Service.
From Norwegian to English, "verdier" translates to "values; the moral principles and beliefs or accepted standards of a person or community."
Join us for these Verdier 2016 events:
- All Week: Duck Hunt social media contest. Find a Viking rubber duckie on campus starting Sunday, April 10. Snap a photo of the duck in a place on campus where we live out our core values. Tag the photo #AugieValues on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and leave the duck for the next person. The most creative photographer wins an AU prize pack at the Verdier Celebration on Friday, April 15.
Note: Remember, if your account is private, we can’t see your great photos! By using the hashtag, you are giving Augustana permission to reproduce your #AugieValues-tagged images in any media, at any time.
- Monday, April 11: Celebration of 2016 Covenant Award nominees, 10 a.m., Chapel.
- Tuesday, April 12: "Go Viking" all-campus community photo, 10 a.m. by the Ole the Viking statue – be sure to wear navy and gold! Also, stop by the Commons Concourse anytime Tuesday to help local foster families create scrapbook pages for their foster children (sponsored by SALT).
- Wednesday, April 13: "Unnecessary Farce," 7:30 p.m., Edith Mortenson Center Theatre .
- Thursday, April 14: Faculty Face-Off, 8 p.m., Back Alley. Augustana faculty debate a topic based on news of the day.
- Friday, April 15:
- Saturday, April 16: Arthur Olsen Student Research Symposium, all day, Humanities Center.