Horizons 2019 Goal: Provide Substantive and Innovative Educational Experiences
To achieve the goal of providing substantive and innovative educational experiences ...
- Provide an academically rigorous, dynamic and relevant curriculum.
- Assess existing and develop new academic programs that are responsive to student interests and societal needs.
- Expand graduate and continuing education offerings to serve a growing market of adult learners.
- Engage secondary educational systems by providing unique, high quality offerings that enhance and expand student learning opportunities.
- Review the current undergraduate curriculum, including the shared core and majors and minors to ensure that our current programs are responsive to Augustana’s mission, student interests and societal needs and that our resources are allocated responsibly. Provide recommendations for addressing programmatic issues that emerge from this review.
- Goal Achieved. Learn more about Augustana's new Core Curriculum.
- Research and implement new undergraduate and graduate programs that build on Augustana’s strengths and broaden our capacity to serve students effectively. Develop a strategic implementation plan for new programming.
- Provide a technology-rich learning environment for all students; identify and implement technology-enhanced learning strategies into the curriculum as appropriate.
- Develop an appropriate organizational structure to support existing and new graduate and continuing education programs.
- Goal Achieved. Learn more about the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education.
- Strengthen existing and develop new models of engaging high school students in higher education learning opportunities and experiences including higher education access programming, dual-enrollment credit, and potentially providing credit for appropriate secondary school experiences.