Horizons 2019 Goal: Steward Human, Physical and Financial Resources
To achieve the goal of stewarding human, physical and financial resources ...
We will …
- Invest in professional development for faculty and staff.
- Encourage an atmosphere of inclusivity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Increase endowment and annual giving for scholarship support, program expansion and facility enhancement.
- Diversify revenue sources to stabilize financial performance amid enrollment fluctuation.
- Enhance and expand facilities to provide an exceptional and safe living and learning environment.
- Strengthen professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Conduct a staffing analysis and resource allocation review to ensure optimization of our resources to serve students with excellence.
- Improve employee compensation to become more competitive with appropriate comparison institutions.
- Strengthen efforts to increase the diversity of our faculty and staff.
- Define infrastructure and resources to best support the strategic plan and incorporate into an implementation plan.
- Update the Facilities Master Plan to guide the development of new and existing spaces, provide for maintenance and facility upgrades, equipment, landscaping, and other campus needs. Develop a plan of action including timeline for fund development and execution.
- Grow the endowment to $100 million.
- Achieve and maintain $3 million per year in annual gifts by increasing alumni participation in giving to 21% in 2014, 22% in 2015, and 27% by December 2019.
- Identify, pursue, and leverage external grant funding to support key institutional initiatives. Double active awards managed by Augustana to $8M. Understand the risks of depending on external grant funding and develop mitigation strategies.