Strategic Planning Timeline - 2019
To develop the Vision 2030 strategic plan, significant research and analysis from Augustana University stakeholders took place in 2019. The planning process involved several stages, for which the Augustana President’s Council and the Board of Trustees provided oversight.
- February – May: Committees identified and drafted priorities and milestones. Task forces researched, identified and/or recommended specific objectives.
- June – August: The Academics, Enrollment and Strategic Scholarships, Athletics, and Physical Campus Steering Committees met independently. Committees conducted research and took action needed on priority projects.
- August 16: Each steering committee completed their respective Goal & Strategies worksheets and submited them to the Strategic Planning Chair Dr. Pam Homan.
- August 20 and 27: Dr. Homan presented completed worksheets to President’s Council. President’s Council reviewed and compiled the worksheets into a unified DRAFT Vision 2030 Strategic Plan.
- September – October: Strategic plan was drafted based on work by steering committees and task forces. Feedback solicited from campus community to inform possible revisions.
- September 13: A meeting was held to include all steering committees and members to review the unified draft of the strategic plan and suggest edits.
- September 17: The Augustana President's Council received and reviewed the integrated draft of the Vision 2030 Strategic Plan based on the meeting held on September 13.
- October – November: Vision 2030 Strategic Plan informational sessions were held for the campus community. Following the informational sessions, the President’s Council, in collaboration with the steering committees, finalized the strategic plan.
- Faculty and staff informational sessions were held on: Oct. 17, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct .28, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct. 30, 3:30 - 5 p.m.; Oct. 31, 7:30 - 9 a.m.; Nov. 7, 3:30 - 5 p.m.; Nov. 8, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Student informational sessions were held on: Oct. 28, 4:30 - 6 p.m.; and Nov. 12, 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- December: The strategic plan was presented to the Board of Trustees.