What Can I Do With a Computer Science/CIS Major?
We provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to enter directly into a computer–related career. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the fastest growing careers in the country include systems analysts and computer programmers. Many of our graduates who went directly into the work force had several offers from which to choose; among the companies hiring or wishing to hire them were Federated Insurance, Citi, Wells Fargo, Precision Computers and Sencore. A job placement rate of 100 percent and starting salaries at approximately $45,000, affirms that our computer science majors are well prepared and in demand.
Our alumni have entered graduate programs in computer science at institutions that include University of Minnesota, University of Arizona, University of Wisconsin, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Some of our graduates include:
- Aaron Cusher ’02, Aerospace Engineer, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Fredrik Thoreson ’02, Equity Analyst, DnB NOR Markets
- Michael Lehmkuhl ’97, Web Developer & Co-Owner, Electric Pulp
- Alan McEntee ’92, Flight Procedures Manager, Northwest Airlines
- Peter Hanson ’89, Sr. Professional Services Consultant, ObjectFX