The Constitution of El Club Español at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of this organization shall be El Club Español.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The purpose of El Club Español shall be: to make student aware of the diversity of the Sioux Falls community and surrouding areas; to provide the opportunity for every student to learn and improve his/her knowledge of the Spanish language and culture; and to promote ethnic and cultural difference evident in and around the Augustana College community.
ARTICLE II MEMBERSHIP
El Club Español shall be open to any Augustana College student: full-time, part-time or non-traditional. The only requirement is a desire to expand his/her understanding of different cultures.
ARTICLE IV OFFICERS
There shall be three offices: Gerentes (Managers), Subdirectores (Assistant Managers), and Director de Comunicacion (Communications Director). Each office can have two (2) persons. Elections will be held in May of each year via email. Terms begin the first day of fall semester and run the whole year, unless a student is absent for reasons of travel, transfer, or other. There shall be no limit as to the number of times a student may hold an office. The faculty advisor shall assist in election. The following are descriptions of the offices:
- Make executive decisions
- Guide all offices on choices
- Provide feedback
- Lead meetings
- Communicate with faculty advisor
- Plan Events and delegate to others certain responsibilities
Subdirector (Assistant Manager)
- Manage money
- Turn in receipts
- Keep track of budget
- Request additional funds on case-by-case basis
- Take minutes/notes at official Club meetings
Director de Comunicación (Communications Director):
- Focus on social media interactions (Facebook group, Twitter, emails, etc.)
- Send notification of events and activities to the MDFL faculty member in charge of the Celebration of Cultures series calendar
- Campus Advertising with flyers, posters, chalk boards, stall street, Mirror, mailbox notifications, etc.
- Be in communication with the college’s office of marketing to get our presence on the official Augie website
ARTICLE V MEETING SCHEDULE
Meetings will be held bimonthly on a scheduled determined at the start of the school year.
ARTICLE VI AMENDMENTS
An article may be amended with the majority consent of the officers. The faculty advisor must approve all changes to the Constitution of El Club Español.
ARTICLE VII MEETINGS FORMAT
Meetings will be informal. They will be in an open forum format: members will be encouraging d to share ideas. There will be regular officers meetings held at the discretion of the officers.
ARTICLE VIII FACULTY ADVISOR
The faculty advisor shall: provide resources, guidance, and answers to questions; approve and sign purchase orders; be a faculty liaison between other departments and administration. There shall be no limit to the duration of this position.
Date of this Constitution: March 1, 2013.