Careers and Graduate Success in Nursing
Augustana nurses are everywhere.
Our nursing graduates are leaders who work as nurses, educators, and administrators in community health agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools of nursing around the country. Others have served in the military, Peace Corps, Indian Health Service, and as missionaries. A significant number pursue further study at the master’s, Ph.D., Ed.D., DNP and M.D. levels.
A short list of successful Augustana nursing alumni includes:
- Brandon Varilek '13, Transplant Coordinator at Avera Transplant Institute
- Bobbi Jo Vanendriessche '10, Doctorate in Nurse Practioner working at ACMC Marshall in family practice and urgent care
- Renee Callaway '10, OR Traveling Nurse, Advanced Surgical
- Kristie Wolbring '10, Nurse Practitioner in Florida
- Ashley Mickiewicz '08, Oncology nurse educator at RWJ Barnabus Health in New Jersey
- Jamy Anderson '07, Nurse Manager of Labor and Delivery Avera McKennan Hospital
- Julie Kittelsrud '07, went on to complete her PhD and is wroking as the Avera Twin Register Coordinator and a Certified Nurse Practitioner for Pharmacogenetics at the Avera Institute for Human Genetics
- Dustin Randall '07, Certified Nurse Practioner at Avera Medical Group Occupational Medicine
- Allan Pudwill '06, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Sanford Health
- Dana Buus '04, Nurse Practitioner at Avera Medical Group Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- Jennifer Whiting '03, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Avera McKennan Hospital
- Georgia Stern '00, Birth Place director, Sanford Health
- Charis Poppens ’90, hospice coordinator for Sanford Home Health and Hospice
- Carla Borchardt ’84, director of professional services at the South Dakota Organization of Nurse Executives (SDONE) and public relations at Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center
- Mary Oyos ’83, diabetes clinical nurse specialist at Avera Hospital and University Health Center
- Teresa Smith, '82, VP at Sacred Heart Cancer Service
- Jill E. Bormann, '76, designated as an Academy Edge Runner for the Mantram Repetition Program (MRP) by the American Academy of Nursing. Dr. Bormann is a research health scientist, VA San Diego Healthcare System and clinical professor, Hahn School of Nursing and Health Sciences/Beyster Institute of Nursing Research, University of San Diego. The Edge Runner initiative recognizes nurse-designed models of care that impact cost, improve healthcare quality and enhance consumer satisfaction.
Are you an Augustana Nursing graduate that would like to share information about your successful career on our website...please send information to email@example.com. Thank you.