The research done by Augustana physics students and faculty has been published in a number of leading journals.
Students have also presented their work at many scientific conferences, including the annual meetings of the American Physical Society (both DAMOP and the April Meeting), the APS Prairie Section, the American Chemical Society Midwestern Regional Meeting, and the International Confernece on Photonic, Electronic, and Atomic Collisions (ICPEAC).
Recent peer-reviewed publications by Augustana physics students and faculty:
Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics:
- Bethany Jochim*, R. Averin*, Neal Gregerson*, S. De, J. McKenna, D. Ray, M. Zohrabi, B. Bergues, K.D. Carnes, M.F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak, and E. Wells, "Velocity map imaging as a tool for gaining mechanistic insight from closed-loop studies of molecular fragmentation" Phys. Rev. A 83, 043417 (2011).
- E. Wells, J. McKenna, A.M. Sayler, Bethany Jochim, Neal Gregerson, R. Averin, M. Zohrabi, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Closed-loop control of vibrational population in CO2+”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 43, 015101 (2010).
- E. Wells, Michael Todt, Bethany Jochim, Neal Gregerson, R. Averin, Nathan G. Wells, N.L. Smolnisky, Nathan Jastram, J. McKenna, A.M. Sayler, Nora G. Johnson, M. Zohrabi, B. Gaire, K.D. Carnes and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Examining the feedback signals in closed-loop control of intense laser fragmentation of CO+”, Phys. Rev. A 80, 063402 (2009).
- Bethany Jochim, Amy Lueking, Laura Doshier, Sharayah Carey, E. Wells, Eli Parke, M. Leonard, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Rapid formation of H3+ from ammonia and methane following 4 MeV proton impact”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys., 42, 091002 (2009).
- E. Wells, Eli Parke, Laura Doshier, Amy Lueking, Bethany Jochim, Sharayah Carey, Mat Leonard, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Bond rearrangement following collisions between fast ions and ammonia or methane”, in Application of Accelerators in Research and Industry, edited by F. Del McDaniel and B.L. Doyle (AIP Press, New York, 2009) pp 133-136.
- E. Wells, T. Nishide, H. Tawara, R.L. Watson, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Soft fragmentation of carbon monoxide by slow highly charged ions”, Phys. Rev. A 77, 064701 (2008).
- Ali S. Alnaser, Igor Litvinyuk, T. Osipov, B. Ulrich, A. Landers, E. Wells, C.M. Maharjan, P. Ranitivic, I. Bochareva, D. Ray, and C.L. Cocke, “Momentum-imaging investigations of the dissociation of D2+ and the isomerization of acetylene to vinylidene by intense short laser pulses”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 39, S485 (2006).
- Nora G. Johnson, R.N. Mello, Michael E. Lundy, J. Kapplinger, Eli Parke, K.D. Carnes, I. Ben-Itzhak, and E. Wells, “Single Ionization of Hydrogen Molecules by Fast Protons as a Function of the Molecular Alignment”, Phys. Rev. A 72, 052711 (2005).
- E. Wells, K.J. Betsch, C.W.S. Conover, D. Pinkham, M.J. DeWitt, and R.R. Jones, “Closed-Loop Control of Intense-Laser Fragmentation of S8”, Phys. Rev. A 72, 063406 (2005).
- E. Wells, Vidhya Krishnamurthi, K.D. Carnes, Nora G. Johnson, Heather D. Baxter, David Moore, Kristana M. Bloom, B.M. Barnes, H. Tawara, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Proton-Carbon Monoxide Collisions From 10 keV to 14 MeV”, Phys. Rev. A 72, 022726 (2005).
- A. Alton and T. Alexander, "A possible explanation for NuTeV's anomalous dimuon events", Phys. Rev. D83:115018 (2011).
- H. O. Back, et al, "Depleted argon from underground sources", AIP Conf. Proc 1338: 217-220 (2011).
- V.M. Abazov et al., "Search for a scaler or vector particle decaying into Zg at √s =1.96-TeV" Phys. Lett. B 671: 341 (2009).
- V. M. Abazov et al., \Search for ZZ and Z°¤ production in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV and limits on anomalous ZZZ and ZZ° couplings", Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 131801 (2008).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Measurement of the pp->WZ+X cross section at √s =1.96-TeV and limits on the WWZ trilinear guage coupling”, Phys. Rev. D 76, 111104(R) (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., \Z° production and limits on anomalous ZZ° and Z°° couplings in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV", Phys. Lett.B 653, 378 (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Search for narrow resonance in Zg events gathered by DØ at √s =1.96-TeV”, Phys. Lett. B 641:415-422 (2006).