- Association for Psychological Science (APS) student presenters: Heidi Allard, Michelle Erhardt, Molly Martin, and Leslie Walker.
Most of the Augustana APS delegation, posing with the original bobo doll used in Albert Bandura's landmark study on social modeling and aggression.
- Our 2012 graduates! Nick Andreas, Morgan Avery, Josh Belville, Regina Brunz, Raelene Carlson, Kate Doty, Josh Goodwin, Chelsie Gransee, Grant Hooyer, Chandra Howard, Haley Klinkel, Krystal Magee, Jenna Novak, Diana Ogden, Rika Peterson, Nakita Podhradsky, Allyson Poston, Jessica Rassmussen, Lisa Schmeichel, Derek True, Kathryn VanDuynhoven, Sunnie Viegas, Chelsey Viger, and Emma Werling.
- Augie Symposium 2012 presenters: Heidi Allard, Michelle Erhardt, Melanie Jerke, Molly Martin, Taylor McCance, Maxine Melber, Karissa Pepin, Derek True, and Leslie Walker.
KELO TV Appearances:
Recent Faculty Publications and Presentations:
- Exline, J. J., Zell, A. L., Bratslavsky, E., Hamilton, M., & Swenson, A. (in press). People-pleasing through eating: Sociotropy predicts greater eating in response to perceived social pressure. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology.
- Exline, J. J., Zell, A. L., & Lobel, M. (in press). Sidestepping awkward encounters: Avoidance as a response to outperformance-related discomfort. Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
- DeWall, C. N., Zell, A. L., Deckman, T., Gailliot, M. T., & Baumeister, R. F. (in press). Approach and avoidance motivation following childhood social acceptance and rejection. In F. Columbus (Ed.), Psychology of Hate. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Bujarski, S., Feldner, M. T., Lewis, S. F., Babson, K. A., Trainor, C. D., Leen-Feldner, E., Badour, C. L., & Bonn-Miller, M. O. (in press). Marijuana use among traumatic-event exposed adolescents: Posttraumatic stress symptom frequency predicts coping motivations for use. Addictive Behaviors.
- Helder, E. & Erhardt, M.L. (2012, May). Older adults can use distributed retrieval practice to learn names, but get little benefit from three retrievals. Poster to be presented at the Association for Psychological Science convention, Chicago, IL: May 25-27, 2012.
- Lima, O. K. & Allard, H. N. (2012, May). Scaffolding with definitions and participation to improve preschoolers' storybook word learning. Poster presented at the 24th annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Chicago, IL.
- Lima, O. K., Martin, M. M., & Walker, L. E. (2012, May). Repeated storybook reading with elaboration shapes children's behaviors. Poster presented at the 24th annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Chicago, IL.
- Helder, E. & Lima, O. K. (2012, January). Incorporating primary sources in an intro course through student presentations of classic research. Poster presented at the 34th annual National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology, St. Pete Beach, FL: January 3-6.
- Helder, E. & Shaughnessy, J.J. (2011). Self-Generated Retrievals While Multitasking Improve Memory for Names. Memory, 19, 968-974.
- Lima, O. K. & Rives-East, D. (2011, October). Building bridges: Honors courses that join the sciences and humanities. To be presented at the annual meeting of the National Collegiate Honors Council, Phoenix, AZ.
- Jacobson, E. J. & Helder, E. (2011 May). An internal locus of control is associated with problem-focused coping at work. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science convention, Washington, DC: May 26-29, 2011.
- Helder, E. (2011 May). Attentional filters help screen-out advertisements during an Internet search task. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science convention, Washington, DC: May 26-29, 2011.
- Lima, O. K. (2011, March). Expanding our interdisciplinary perspective on development. Presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development Teaching Institute, Montreal, Canada.
- Downer, J. T., Booren, L. M., Lima, O. K., Luckner, A. E., & Pianta, R. C. (2010). The Individualized Classroom Assessment Scoring System (inCLASS): Reliability and validity of a system for observing preschoolers’ competence in classroom interactions. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 25, 1-16.
- Zell, A.L., & Exline, J.J. (2010). How does it feel to be outperformed by a "good winner? Prize sharing and self-deprecating as appeasement strategies. Basic and Applied Social Psychology.