Class of 2019: Engaged Learning, Grad Schools, Employers, Starting Roles
Members of the Augustana Class of 2019 were hired by 126 unique organizations.
The top five employers of 2019 Augustana graduates were:
- Sanford Health
- Avera Health
- Sioux Falls School District
- Mayo Clinic
- KPMG International Cooperative
The median reported salary for graduates who sought full-time employment was $46,785.
The technical writer for the U.S. Geological Survey Center. A case manager for Southeastern Behavioral Health. The South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulations bank examiner.
These are the jobs graduates secured during the first six months after graduation because of their robust liberal arts background, applied learning and faculty mentorship.
Twenty-one percent of the Augustana Class of 2019 reported they are pursuing additional education. Among those, 94 percent were admitted into a program of their choosing.
The Class of 2019 chose graduate schools throughout the U.S. and around the globe. A sampling of graduate schools includes:
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
Other Health Science and Allied Health Careers
- Augustana University, Athletic Training
- Cleveland University, Kansas City, Chiropractic
- Creighton University, Dental Medicine
- Creighton University, Occupational Therapy
- Creighton University, Physical Therapy
- Des Moines University, Physician Assistant
- Indiana University, Optometry
- Iowa State University, Veterinary Medicine
- Midwestern University, Dental Medicine
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead, Speech-Language Pathology
- Northwestern Health Sciences University, Chiropractic
- Rockhurst University, Speech-Language Pathology
- St. Catherine University, Physical Therapy
- University College Dublin, Veterinary Medicine
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Dental Medicine
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, Speech-Language Pathology
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Speech-Language Pathology
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Genetic Counseling
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Speech-Language Pathology
- University of Wyoming, Speech-Language Pathology
- Creighton University
- University of Nebraska
- University of South Dakota
- Augustana University, Sports Administration and Leadership
- National University of Singapore, Finance
- University of Denver, Accounting
- University of Laverne, Finance
- University of Mary, Business Leadership
- University of Sioux Falls, Business Administration
- Texas Tech University, Classics, Master’s
- University of Chicago, Humanities, Master’s
- University of Cincinnati, Trombone performance, Master’s
- University of Colorado, Architecture
- University of Exeter, International Relations, Master’s
- Columbia University, Biomedical Engineering, B.S.
- Cornell University, Applied and Engineering Physics, Ph.D.
- Iowa State University, Chemistry, Ph.D.
- Mayo Clinic School of Biomedical Sciences, Ph.D.
- South Dakota School of Mines, Biomedical Engineering, Master's
- St. Luke’s Hospital Medical Lab Science program, Laboratory Science
- Temple University, Biology, Ph.D.
- University College Dublin, School of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Colorado, Modern Human Anatomy, Master's
- University of Oklahoma Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ph.D.
Augustana graduates reported engagement both in and out of the classroom. Of those who responded to the Student Success Center’s survey, 98 percent reported participating in an engaging activity during their college career.
Engaged learning activities for the Class of 2019 included:
- Internships & Practicums
- Student Teaching
- Undergraduate Research
- Campus Leadership
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Study Abroad
- Part-time Employment
- Volunteerism or Service Learning