Class of 2020 Outcomes Report
A new report by the Student Success Center offers a snapshot of post-graduation activities and destinations for members of the Augustana Class of 2020 (graduates who completed bachelor’s degrees between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020).
Graduates were surveyed within six months of graduation.
Key Findings of the Outcomes Report
97 percent of recent Augustana grads seeking employment are employed in a position related to their major or chosen field.
Additional points of note include:
- Members of the Augustana Class of 2020 were hired by 146 unique organizations.
- 26.5 percent are pursuing grad school and/or continuing education.
- Grads are working in 16 states and six countries around the world. Among those who secured employment and reported their geographical location, 51 percent are working in South Dakota, of which 69.8 percent are employed in Sioux Falls.
- Top occupational classifications for 2020 grads include health care and technical; education; management and sales; business and financial; arts, sports and sciences.
- 98 percent of grads participated in key engaged learning opportunities, such as experiential learning, internships, co-curricular activities, volunteerism, undergraduate research, clinicals, student teaching, study abroad and more.
In addition to employment and grad school placement details, the Outcomes Report also captures key data points that illustrate how satisfied members of the Class of 2020 are with their Augustana experience.
For these reasons, AU grads reported that they launched their careers and post-graduate study with confidence and enthusiasm:
- 94 percent of 2020 grads reported they were satisfied overall with their experience at Augustana.
- 92 percent agreed there was a faculty or staff member at Augustana who cared about them as a person.
- 91 percent agreed that Augustana is passionate about the long-term success of its students.