Augustana believes in a holistic review of admission candidates. We do, however, identify the following as minimum expectations of first-year applicants considered for regular admission:
- If you are submitting test scores (see Augustana's new Test-Optional Admission Policy), ACT Composite of 20 (SAT of 1030). Augustana average: 25
- Grade Point Average of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale). Augustana average: 3.68.
- Official transcript, which shows evidence of a college preparatory program of study, including a recommended curriculum of:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of science
- 2 years of social science
- Augustana does not require a foreign language for admission. Students are encouraged to take foreign language courses in
high school if they have the opportunity.
Students who do not meet all of the eligibility requirements identified above may still be considered for admission to the University. Additional supporting materials are welcomed by the admission committee.
Students who have completed the General Education Development Exam (GED) must score a minimum of 500 on each of the five GED tests. They are also expected to submit the results of the PSAT, ACT, or SAT exams.
In addition to a student’s academic record, consideration for admission will also be dependent upon a student’s ability to positively impact the Augustana community. As such, prior behavioral and/or criminal issues may be considered in the admission process.
In addition to the items above, students transferring from another post-secondary institution must submit official transcripts from all prior colleges and universities at least one week prior to the term for which they plan to enroll.
A Dean’s Referral form may be sent to a student’s prior institution to verify academic and disciplinary standing at that institution. Any indication of prior academic and/or disciplinary issues at previous institutions will be considered in the admission decision. Transfer Students should possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale) at the institution from which the student is transferring.
Submitting Your Augustana Application: Each application for admission is reviewed on its own merit. Applicants to Augustana University must submit:
- An official application for admission using one of the following options: The Augustana Application at www.augie.edu/apply or The Common Application at www.commonapp.org . There is no fee to apply for admission.
- An official transcript from an accredited high school or equivalent (see below). This transcript must include grades through the junior year in high school.
- Scores from either the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).