We celebrate ...
Involvement in intercollegiate athletics and recognize its centrality to the Augustana experience.
Augustana — as one of five private NCAA Division II colleges in the upper Midwest — possesses the best academic profile of entering first-year students and one of the best in the nation among D-II institutions. It ranks first of fourteen in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. In 2012, the College was one of 24 schools receiving the first NCAA Division II Presidents' Award for Academic Excellence. The award recognizes athletics programs with Academic Success Rates of 90 percent or more. (Academic Success Rate (ASR)
- Augustana ranks in the top 10 of all NCAA Division II colleges in average attendance for men’s and women’s basketball, football and volleyball.
Click here to access more information about Augustana Athletics, view the latest videos, scores, statistics and more.
- The Vikings finished first in the conference in the NSIC US Bank All Sports Award in 2011 and 2012; they finished second in 2013 and have finished no lower than second place since joining the conference for the 2009-2010 season.
- The Vikings finished 6th among 300 NCAA Division II institutions in the annual Learfield All Sports Award for the 2012-2013 academic year. Among the top 10 finishes, Augustana possessed the top academic profile.
- Thirty Viking athletes have been named NCAA Postgraduate Scholars, placing Augustana among the top ten percent of all NCAA institutions in receiving this recognition. Two were awarded during the 2011-2012 academic year alone.
- On average, one in five Viking athletes will be named to the Dean’s List annually.
- Augustana has one of the finest athletic complexes for training and competition of any college or university in the upper Midwest.