When the city receives more than two inches of snowfall, the City of Sioux Falls will declare a snow alert.
Once a snow alert has been declared, parking restrictions will go into effect.
Vehicles on the street are subject to ticketing and towing.
All vehicles must be moved from all city streets until the street has been plowed curb to curb.
Students parking on a city street may move their vehicle to the Kirkeby-Over Stadium parking lot located on the west side of the stadium just off of Lake Ave.
Campus Safety officers will provide escorts from this parking lot back to your residence hall during the inclement weather.
Do not hesitate to move your vehicle as the City is very efficient when it comes to ticketing and towing of vehicles during a snow alert. Because it seems that a good share of snow storms start during night time hours, you may call the Department of Campus Safety to determine if the stadium parking lot has been made available in advance of an potential snow storm.
Emergency Snow Routes are plowed immediately and vehicles parked are subject to immediate ticketing and towing. Emergency snow routes around the campus include Grange Ave and 33rd St. Secondary snow routes include Summit Ave. and 37th St.
Augustana College north of 33rd St. is in Zone 2. The campus south of 33rd St. is in Zone 3.
- North-south streets will be plowed during the daytime from 8am to 5pm
- East-west streets will be plowed at night from 8pm to 5am
- Plowing may begin at any time between the above stated hours once a snow alert has been declared.
- During plowing hours, all vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and subject to towing.
- There is no parking on Emergency Snow Routes.
- You may resume parking on Zone 2 streets after they have been plowed curb to curb.
- No parking, day or night, on any public street, including Emergency Snow Routes, until all snow removal is complete.
- You may resume parking on Zone 3 streets after they have been plowed curb to curb.
If you vehicle is towed during a snow alert:
Call the Sioux Falls Police Department, 605.267.7000, to find out where your vehicle was towed to. Towing and storage of your vehicle is very expensive. So first step is to avoid being ticketed and towed. If you are towed, try to get your vehicle out as quick as possible to avoid more storage fees.
For more information about the City of Sioux Falls Snow Alert.