Questions? Need help?
Call the LTS office at 605-274-4636 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Levels Offered||Class Time||Class Limit||Price|
(parent in water with Child)
|30 minutes||8 swimmers||$45|
|Toddler 1||30 minutes||6 swimmers||$55|
|Toddler 2, Preschool 1, Preschool 2||45 minutes||6 swimmers||$65|
|Red Cross Levels 1-6||45 minutes||6 swimmers||$65|
|SESSIONS||*Please see "Class Offerings & Lesson Dates" for specifics on sessions|
|School Year||One time per week for 8 weeks (Mon or Wed evenings or Sat mornings)|
|Summer||Four times per week for 2 weeks (Mon-Thur)|
The Elmen Center is located at the corner of 33rd and Grange, on the campus of Augustana College. Parking is available in the south parking lot for your convenience.
Please check in at the Elmen Center equipment desk the day of your first lesson. Even if you have paid in full, we ask that you stop to check in to complete some paperwork and get some information!
Our $10 deposits are only refundable with a Doctor's note.
Please make checks payable to Augustana College.
- Regular attendance of lessons is encouraged as we are not able to offer make-up lessons.
- Class sizes are limited. Register as soon as possible to ensure space.
- You may register each child for only one class per session. If that class is not your first choice, you may be placed on up to two waiting lists.
- You can register for any of the sessions at any time, but we would advise waiting until you know whether or not the child will complete their current level. If you are unsure, please ask your child's instructor.
- Water assistants are on hand to help students get to and from the pool.
- There are also family locker rooms available for moms who need to assist sons, and dads who need to assist daughters!
- Parents can watch lessons from behind the large observation windows on first or second floor in the Elmen Center, or from the pool viewing deck located inside the pool area on the 2nd floor. Water is available on the 2nd floor viewing area. Parents are not allowed on the deck during swimming lessons for liability reasons.
- For the safety of others we ask that children not toilet trained wear swim diapers.
- Half way reports will be given to each child after the 4th lesson.
- Classes will be tested during the 7th and/or 8th lessons.
- Do not allow your child to leave valuables unsupervised.
Lessons are offered at a discounted price under one of two circumstances. First Augustana employees recieve a 5 dollar discount per child for all lessons. Not depenendent upon on the number of children enrolled in the program. Please notify LTS staff of this when you register so we can activate the discount for you. Secondly, anyone who has 3 or more swimmers enrolled in our program during the same session. You will automatically recieve this discount when you choose the Family Link Option in our online registration program.
Accident in the Pool?
In event that a swimmer should get sick or have an accident in the pool we will cover safety issues as needed during the regular class time. We will also announce plans regarding make up lessons if we decide that there is a need for them. In the event of vomit or diarrhea in the pool we must close the pool for a minimum of 8 hours to super chlorinate and disinfect. In the event of solid stool in the pool we must close the pool for a minimum of 20 minutes to properly clean, disinfect, and raise chlorine levels.
In the event of a thunderstorm, we will continue with lessons as usual. Our pool is grounded, and lightning does not affect us! In the event of a tornado watch, we will notify parents of the situation, but continue with lessons. Parents can decide if they want to stay or go! If the tornado sirens go off, indicating a tornado in our area, we will evacuate the pool and retreat to our lcoker rooms where we will wait the storm out. Parents are encouraged to stay with us until an "all clear" is given. A decision about whether we will have make up lessons (and when they will be) will be made by Sherry and announced at lessons the next day.
Augustana Learn to Swim operates on the same calander as the rest of the Augustana College Campus. Lessons will not be canceled due to weather unless Augustana College closes campus and cancels other events (i.e. basketball games, concerts, etc.). We understand that some of our swimmers come from out of town, and that travel situations may be different from those who live in town. If you are unable to get to lessons safely please stay home, but contact us so we can let the instructor know as well as answer any questions you may have.
Swim passes are available during the school year for students to practice their skills. Please refer to our Swim passes section of our website by clicking here.