Room Selection is the process by which current Augustana College students obtain campus housing for the upcoming year. There are many different housing options available to students at Augustana, so the best advice we can offer is to take your time to research your options and follow the guidelines. The more knowledge you have about the process, specific application procedures, and overall time lines, the better informed you will be when making decisions about your housing options.
Standing within the Room Selection process is determined by a student's high school graduation date. The process is designed to give next year’s senior class first priority, junior class second priority, and the sophomore class final priority. By using the high school graduation date, we are able to determine which students have lived in college owned housing the longest and should, therefore, be given preference.
Room Selection for 2013-2014
Please review the information under each heading below to learn more about the Room Selection process for the upcoming school year. Also, see Frequently Asked Room Selection Questions for more specific answers to some of your questions.
- Glossary of Terms - Visit the Glossary of Terms to get up to speed on all the Housing and Room Selection jargon. This is a great place to start, as it will help to familiarize you with the terms we will use throughout the process.
- Process Overviews - Visit Process Overviews for specific information about how to apply for Theme Houses, sign up for Apartments, sign up for single rooms, Homestead your current space, or to apply for off-campus approval.
- Housing Options - There are a number of various options for living on-campus. Visit Housing Options for more information about our Theme Houses, Apartments, and each of our Residence Halls.
- Important Dates - Visit Important Dates for a time line of each phase of the Room Selection process and for specific dates related to each aspect of choosing your space for next year.
- Room Selection Forms - Visit Room Selection Forms for access to a number of forms used during the Room Selection Process.