33rd Annual Artists of the Plains Art Show & Sale
Maple Leaf by Karlys Wells
The artwork of 26 local and regional artists will be on display Feb. 15-17 at the 33rd annual Artists of the Plains Art Show and Sale, sponsored by the Center for Western Studies at Augustana College.
The show will be held at the Holiday Inn City Centre, 100 W. 8th St., in downtown Sioux Falls and will feature artists representing four states. The event is free and open to the public.
- Friday, Feb. 15: 5-9 p.m.(premier showing and reception; awards ceremony will begin at 8 p.m.)
- Saturday, Feb. 16: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 17: 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Bids on selected silent auction pieces will be accepted through 2 p.m. on Sunday. Augustana College art students will once again be part of the show. The students will show and sell their artwork, which will be on display in the Holiday Inn's Embassy Room.
Artists invited to the Artists of the Plains Art Show and Sale include:
- Tara Barney, Sioux Falls
- JoAnne Bird, Toronto, S.D.
- Bryan Bortnem, Rutland, S.D.
- Bonnie Brahms, Humboldt, S.D.
- Russ Duerksen, Sioux Falls
- Genevieve Echols, Meadow Grove, NE
- Jess Elofson, Brandon, S.D.
- Jerry Fogg, Sioux Falls
- Marian Henjum, Sioux Falls
- Diana Hensley '02, Luverne, Minn.
- David Huebner, Bushnell, S.D.
- Carol Lundeen, Dassel, Minn.
- Deb Leilani Parks '78, Sioux Falls
- Harvey Rattey and Pamela Harr, Glendive, Mont.
- Gisele Robinson, Evanston, Wyo.
- Robert Ruf '07, Sioux Falls
- Jennifer Stone, Watertown, S.D.
- Edward Thomas, Decatur, Neb.
- Paul, Linda and Brian Szabo, Mission, S.D.
- Sharon Welch, Pierre, S.D.
- Karlys Wells, Clear Lake, S.D.
- Jennifer White, Sioux Falls
- Drake Wood, Lennox, S.D.
Thank you to our generous sponsors! We appreciate your support!!
The Artists of the Plains Art Show & Sale is also supported in part by a Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Pictured at top is Maple Leaf by Karlys Wells (a carved gourd) and pictured below is Changing Season by Russ Duerksen. "The Art of Russ Duerksen" may be seen at the CWS in an exhibit that runs through Saturday, Feb. 2, in the Madsen/Nelson/Elmen Galleries of the Fantle Building.
For more information, please call 605.274.4007.