Nov. 18: Trombone Concert
Date: November 17, 2012
Times: 3 p.m.
Location: Kresge Recital Hall
Ticket Info: $10 for adults; $5 for seniors | free for students K-12 and Augustana students and faculty | www.augietickets.com
The Augustana College and Community Trombone Choir, under the direction of Vance Shoemaker, will present a concert at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18, in Kresge Recital Hall.
The concert will feature works by various artists including, "Jupiter" from "The Planets," by Gustav Holst; "Suite for Four Trombones," by Gordon Jacob; "A Song for Japan," by Steven Verhelst; and an arrangement of Klaus Badelt's "Pirates of the Caribbean" by Augustana alumnus Jeremy Hegg, class of 1994.
Tickets are $10 for adults; $5 for seniors and are free for students K-12 and Augustana students and faculty. Tickets are available at www.augietickets.com.
Members of the Augustana College & Community Trombone Choir:
- Joel Broveleit, community member
- Catie Carney ’13,Tipton, Iowa
- Skye Dearborn, high school student
- Matt Garred ’13, Whiting, Iowa
- Matt Halse, community member
- Ty Haley ’16, Owatonna, Minn.
- Ken Hoyne, community member
- Quinn Jacobs ’14, Rochester, Minn.
- Evan Krebs, high school student
- Tony Metzgar ’16, Elk Point, S.D.
- Austin Mielke ’14, Brandon, S.D.
- Thomas Norland‘16 Sioux Falls
- Alexis Preheim ‘13 Chamberlain, S.D.
- Ian Rutherford‘16 Grimes, Iowa
- Nathanael Thompson ’15, Sioux Falls
- Brendan Wehde ’16, Kotzebue, Ala.
- Emily Wehde ’15, Sioux Falls
- Ally Wingert ’12, community member
Vance Shoemaker is trombone and euphonium instructor and director the trombone choir. He is principal trombonist with the South Dakota Symphony and principal trombonist with the Northwest Iowa Symphony Orchestra.He performs with the Sioux City Symphony, Sioux City and LeMars Municipal Bands and spent six summers with the Kansas Lyric Opera Company summer series. He participates in the Brass Section, a professional brass quintet that performs throughout the region. He is founder of the Siouxland Trombone Festival, which has featured such well known trombonists as Joseph Alessi, principal trombonist with the NewYork Philharmonic. He is a graduate of Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa.