July 13: "Saturdays at CWS" to teach Digital Photography
"Digital Photography" workshop will be presented by Gene Smith at the upcoming “Saturdays at CWS” workshop event from 10-11 a.m. on Saturday, July 13. Hosted by the Center for Western Studies, the workshops are designed to bring additional educational opportunities to the Sioux Falls area.
To register, contact Kristi Thomas, education assistant for the Center for Western Studies, at 605.274.4007. The Center for Western Studies is located in the Fantle Building at 2121 S. Summit Ave.
- Saturday, June 8, 2013: "Create Your Own Corn Jewelry" class in jewelry-making by Tara Barney of Red Door Creations. The corn beads Tara uses in her jewelry business are made of corn from the same farm that supplies the Corn Palace in Mitchell, S.D.
- Saturday, May 11, 2013: "Discuss Native Soul: An Insight into the Artwork of Jerry Fogg" was presented by Yankton Sioux Oyate artist Jerry Fogg, who provided insight and interpretation for selected works from his collection currently on display at the Center through June 1.
- Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013: "Building Your Art Collection" was presented by Kara Dirkson of Artísia Fine Art Services at the “Saturdays at CWS” workshop event from 10-11 a.m. at the Center.
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012: "Gathering Family – A Guide to Genealogical Research,” is presented by Dr. Loren H. Amundson, author of "Norwegians, Swedes and More" (6 vols.) The workshop ran from 10-11 a.m. at the Center.
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012: "The Writer Inside You,” was presented by David Allan Evans, South Dakota Poet Laureate and author of "The Bull Rider’s Advice" and "After the Swan Dive." The workshop ran from 1-2 p.m. at the Center.
Education Assistant, Center for Western Studies