Aging Faithfully Conference
Spirituality and well-being in the second half of life
Featured speaker: Dr. Scott Morris
Our lives and faith look different in the second chapter of life. There are new opportunities, and many experiences behind us, too.
You may find yourself asking:
- What is God’s purpose for me in this stage of life?
- What does faithfulness look like now?
- How do I trust Him and have courage as seasons change?
- How can my faith remain vibrant and strong?
- How can I help others who find themselves in this stage of life?
Whether you are an older adult, you work or care for an older adult, or you are simply interested in the topic, we invite you to take part in this day of reflection and discussion featuring speaker Dr. Scott Morris. We invite guests of all faiths.
About Aging Faithfully
The fourth annual Aging Faithfully Conference brings together some of the best voices across religious traditions to discuss how faith and well-being are different in the second half of life, and how that can be celebrated in daily living. The first conference featured Lutheran theologian Dr. Martin E. Marty; the second conference featured author and poet Kathleen Norris; and best-selling author and speaker Sister Joan Chittister spoke at the 2016 conference.
The Aging Faithfully Conference is a partnership of Augustana University, The South Dakota Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society.
8 - 9 a.m.: Registration
9 - 9:15 a.m.: Welcome
9:15 - 10:15 a.m.: Dr. Scott Morris
10:15 - 10:45 a.m.: Break
10:45 - 11:30 a.m.: Small group discussion
11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.: Large group sharing
12:15 - 1:15 p.m.: Lunch provided (your selection is requested on the registration form)
12:30 - 1:15 p.m.: Book signing by Dr. Scott Morris
1:15 - 1:45 p.m.: Responses
1:45 - 2:15 p.m.: Final thoughts by Dr. Scott Morris
2:15 - 2:30 p.m.: Closing remarks and benediction by Rev. David B. Zellmer, Bishop
- Hearing assistance will be available.
- Elmen Center is wheelchair accessible.
- Find lodging options.
- Scholarships are available until July 14; call Bill Kubat at 605.553.4836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Certificates of Attendance, call Bill Kubat at 605.553.4836 or email email@example.com.
- Cancellation and refund will be honored up to 10 days prior to Thursday, July 27.
- View a campus map.
- If questions, call 605.274.5521.
Dr. Scott Morris is Chief Executive Officer of Church Health. He has an undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia, a Master of Divinity degree from Yale University, and M.D. from Emory University. He is a board-certified family practice physician and an ordained United Methodist minister.
His book, “God, Health & Happiness,” is available online or in local book stores.