Aging Faithfully Conference
Date: July 26, 2018
Times: 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: Augustana University Elmen Center (2505 S. Grange Ave.)
Ticket Info: Online registration has closed; $35 at the door on July 26.
Spirituality and well-being in the second half of life
Featured speaker: Joyce Rupp, OSM
Our lives and faith look different in the second chapter of life. There are new opportunities, and many experiences behind us, too.
You may find yourself asking:
- What is God’s purpose for me in this stage of life?
- What does faithfulness look like now?
- How do I trust Him and have courage as seasons change?
- How can my faith remain vibrant and strong?
- How can I help others who find themselves in this stage of life?
Whether you are an older adult, you work or care for an older adult, or you are simply interested in the topic, we invite you to take part in this day of reflection and discussion featuring speaker Joyce Rupp, OSM. We invite guests of all faiths.
About Aging Faithfully
The fifth annual Aging Faithfully Conference brings together some of the best voices across religious traditions to discuss how faith and well-being are different in the second half of life, and how that can be celebrated in daily living. The first conference featured Lutheran theologian Dr. Martin E. Marty; the second conference featured author and poet Kathleen Norris; best-selling author and speaker Sister Joan Chittister spoke at the 2016 conference; and speaker Dr. Scott Morris spoke in 2017.
Sponsor: Sanford Health
Media sponsor: Midco
8 - 9 a.m. | Registration
9 - 9:15 a.m. | Welcome
9:15 - 10:15 a.m. | Joyce Rupp, OSM
10:15 - 10:45 a.m. | Break
10:45 - 11:30 a.m. | Small group discussion
11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. | Large group sharing
12:15 - 1:15 p.m. | Lunch provided (your selection is requested on the registration form)
12:30 - 1:15 p.m. | Book signing by Joyce Rupp, OSM
1:15 - 1:45 p.m. | Responses
1:45 - 2:15 p.m. | Final thoughts by Joyce Rupp, OSM
2:15 - 2:30 p.m. | Closing remarks and benediction
These books by Joyce Rupp, OSM, will be available at the conference.
- Fly While You Still Have Wings: And Other Lessons My Resilient Mother Taught Me, 2015
- Boundless Compassion, 2018
- Hearing assistance will be available.
- Elmen Center is wheelchair accessible.
- Find lodging options.
- Scholarships are available until July 15; call Gayle Deckert at 605.362.3180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Certificates of Attendance, call Gail Deckert at 605.362.3180 or email@example.com.
- Cancellation and refund will be honored up to 10 days prior to Thursday, July 26.
- View a campus map.
- If questions, call Sandy at 605.274.4546.
Joyce Rupp, OSM is known for her work as a best-selling writer, international retreat leader and conference speaker. She earned a bachelor's degree in English and holds master's degrees in Religious Education and Transpersonal Psychology. She is a member of the Servites (Servants of Mary) community and was a hospice volunteer for 15 years. She lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
Her books, Fly While You Still Have Wings: And Other Lessons My Resilient Mother Taught Me (2015) and Boundless Compassion (2018) will be available at the conference and are available online or in local book stores.