Archeology Awareness Days in Mitchell
Date: July 2 - July 3, 2016
Times: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days
Location: Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village (Mitchell, S.D.), located at 3200 Indian Village Road on Lake Mitchell – 5 min. northwest of Corn Palace
Ticket Info: Kids 5 and under - free; students 6 - 18 yrs - $4; seniors - $5; adults - $6
Don't miss your chance to attend Archeology Days, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, July 2 and 3, at the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village in Mitchell, S.D.
- Watch native technology demonstrations, such as flint knapping, and see exhibits of prehistoric stone tools and ceramics.
- Native American youths will have cultural programs.
- Tour the Thomsen Center Archeodome and watch excavations at this 1,000-year-old site by a team of Augustana and British students and faculty.
- Meet professional archeologists and view a variety of displays on prehistoric and historic Archeology.
- Native American cultural presenters will include Jerome Kills Small, who will be telling Trickster stories, and Belinda Joe, who will be talking of Native American women’s culture.
- Kids Dig (use the tools of archeologists to discover artifacts)
- Make pottery using prehistoric techniques
- Test your hunting skills using an atlatl-spear thrower
- Kids 5 and under — free
- Students 6-18 yrs — $4
- Seniors — $5
- Adults — $6
Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village — 605.996.5473