Augustana Summer Music Camp
Date: June 3 - June 8, 2019
Times: Camp runs throughout the week
Location: Augustana University Campus
Ticket Info: EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS APRIL 15, 2019!
Augustana's Summer Music Camp is June 3-8 (Monday-Saturday), and will be led by Dr. Lisa Grevlos, director, and Dr. Christopher Unger, assistant director, along with professors from the Augustana University Department of Music.
When you join your friends (both old and ones you'll soon make) at the Augustana Summer Music Camp, you'll find the finest in musical instruction, performance opportunities and fun for six days. Make one of our Residence Halls your home for the week, enjoy dining in our Morrison Commons, swim in our pool, dance in our hallways, dabble with an instrument you've always wanted to play, learn how to shine in an audition, and make beautiful music while creating lasting memories!
Who can attend?
- Students entering grades 7-12 and 2019 high school graduates.
What will be offered?
- Large ensembles: Band, Choir, Orchestra
- Small ensembles: Percussion Ensemble, Piano (Beginning and Intermediate), Guitar (Beginning and Intermediate), Vocal Jazz, Jazz Band, Academy Brass Choir*, Woodwind Choir, Academy Opera Theatre* and String Trio Academy*
- Enrichment courses: Music Theory I, II; Music History I, II,; Music Technology I, II; Drum Major Conducting** and Jazz Improvisation**
- Private voice and instrumental lessons
*The Academy Brass Choir, Academy Opera Theatre, and String Trio Academy offerings are available for students entering 11th grade and up, or by special audition/permission.
**Two new course offerings: Drum Major Conducting and Jazz Improvisation!
For more detailed information and to register for a wonderful week, head to: http://www.augie.edu/summer-music-camp