Estate Planning Seminar – Planning Your Legacy
Date: February 26, 2019
Times: 10:30 a.m. - Noon
Location: Froiland Science Complex (33rd St. & Summit Ave.) – Level 3, Room 370
Have you thought about making your estate plan, or are in the process of doing so and need more information? It is important to take the time to learn how to make provisions for your family and take care of their various needs. But you also need to protect both yourself and your family. This seminar follows the popular estate-planning book Provide & Protect by A. Charles Schultz, J.D., a well-known estate planning expert. This seminar, sponsored by Augustana University in partnership with Great Western Wealth Management, will include information regarding:
- The estate planning process and goals
- Executors, guardianship, healthcare power of attorney and living wills
- Finances and property
- Estate distribution and options
- Wills, trusts, bequests, and IRA’s
Who should attend?
- Young families who need to select a guardian for children.
- Baby Boomers who may want to update their estate plan during a time of many life changes.
- Seniors who need to have a trusted advocate.
Attendees will receive:
- Complimentary beverages and snacks
- A free 28-page printed wills guide (your attorney will use the information you provide in the guide to draft your estate plan)
- Answers to your questions
- Free and open to all adults
- Pre-registration required by 2/22/2019
- Register at http://www.augielink.com/estateplan
The seminar and its contents are offered by Augustana University and its partner(s) to you as an educational service. While we attempt to provide helpful estate and financial background, we are not able to offer specific legal advice on your personal situation. Because you may have special needs, we know that you will want to contact your own attorney. He or she will be your independent advisor and will have an obligation of trust and confidence to you. With the advice of your independent attorney, you may have a customized estate plan that truly fulfills your unique family, healthcare, estate and planning circumstances.