Giving Day at Augustana
What is Giving Day
Augustana's first Giving Day was held on Thursday, March 2. This 24-hour giving event brought together alumni, friends, students, parents, faculty and staff to celebrate this place, the people and the memories made here by giving in honor of student scholarships.
Giving Day set a single-day Augustana record for most gifts received in a 24-hour period: $135,968 was received from 282 donors. Gifts came in from 33 states and the District of Columbia, with Augustana alumni making up 69 percent of donors. See all the results from Giving Day.
How We Spread the Word About #GiveLikeAViking
Social media played a big part in celebrating the spirit of giving on Giving Day. Friends, followers and Augie Fans helped us by:
- Telling people why they should #GiveLikeAViking using their Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Sharing university posts throughout the day
- Tagging classmates and friends and encouraging them to join in this movement for Augustana
- Reaching out to five or 10 classmates and friends via email, phone and social media
- Making their own gift on March 2 and sharing why they support our students via their own personal social media
One Day to Make a Difference for the Next 365