Modified Building and Service Hours - Updated May 22, 2020
Date: May 22, 2020
- Administration Building
- Campus Clinic
- Campus Life
- Edith Mortenson Center
- Sioux Falls Psychological Services
- Dining Services
- Elmen Center
- Mail Services
- Center for Western Studies
- Madsen Center
- Chapel of Reconciliation
- Campus Learning Center (CLC)
Effective Wednesday, April 22, the Administration will be locked and will need a key card to access.
Effective Friday, May 22, the Campus Clinic is closed for the summer. Students and staff can call the Sanford Clinic (69th & Minnesota Avenue) at 605.328.5800 to speak with a healthcare provider regarding symptoms and next steps. If after hours, please call this same number and follow the prompt to be directed to the Sanford Hospital After Hours Call Center.
Effective Monday, April 6, staff who currently have offices in the Campus Life suite (EMC 119) will be accessible remotely for virtual meetings, as well as phone or email conversations, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Staff may be reached through their email, or by emailing email@example.com or by calling 605.274.5215.
Students are seen for Counseling Services by appointment on weekdays during the academic year and during summer school when classes are in session. Hours are Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
The Dining Room is open and accessible through the Morrison Commons. Meal plans will be available for students approved to stay on-campus, though offerings will be adjusted slightly to limit exposure to illness and reduce shared touch points throughout the Dining Room.
To that end, Dining Room main lines 1 and 2, the deli, and vegetarian/vegan options will operate as normal. However, most self-serve stations throughout the Dining Room will be closed. Instead of the salad bar, for example, a served salad station will be made available. Additionally, you may be asked to swipe yourself in or to provide your ID number, rather than passing your ID card to a cashier.
Specific hours for all dining locations (effective March 29), are as follows:
- Ordal Dining Room
Weekdays | Monday-Friday
- Breakfast — 8-9 a.m.
- Lunch — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dinner — 4:30-6 p.m.
Weekends | Saturday-Sunday
- Brunch — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dinner — 4:30-6 p.m.
- Siverson Lounge's Starbucks Coffee Shop
Monday through Friday each week | 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- The Huddle (Sub Connection & Viking Grille)
Any changes to the schedule will be communicated as soon as possible. As always, please let the Dining Services or Campus Life offices know if you have questions or concerns about dining or meal plans.
Effective Wednesday, April 22, the Administration will be locked and will need a key card to access. The building can be accessed through the Morrison Commons.
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Effective Monday, March 23, Elmen Center access will only available to those who have ID cards. The facility will only be accessible to administrators, faculty and staff, as well as students who have been approved to live in on-campus student housing. Family members and friends are not allowed to use the facility. Swipe your Augie ID on the east main doors and parking lot door.
Elmen Center Hours of Operation — Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The weight room is open from 12-2 p.m. The pool will remain closed. The Elmen Center is also closed on the weekends, as well as Memorial Day, Monday, May 25.
The health and well-being of our customers and employees are incredibly important to us. It is with careful consideration that we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close stores starting on Tuesday, March 24, until further notice. We will be working remotely during that time.
We will continue to accept orders online for delivery with free shipping at www.augiebookstore.com. You may experience longer shipping times than usual. Any purchases returned via shipment to our stores will be processed when our stores reopen.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Window for Students
Open Monday through Friday 9:30–10:30 a.m.
Delivery on Campus
- Courier/Incoming Mail will continue to be picked up daily from USPS. Mail and packages will continue to be dropped off and picked up at each building at the current drop-off location with exceptions being Froiland (see Nursing), Admin Building (see Business office), the Library and CWS. It will be the responsibility of the department chairs or supervisors to arrange delivery or pick up of mail/packages to employees in their departments or offices.
- Outgoing mail route is limited to morning drop-offs and pickups, with no afternoon courier stops. Individuals can also drop mail in the designated Commons mail slots (both on-campus and off-campus mail).
- For Packages:
- Packages with a prepaid label on them for returns can be dropped off at any UPS store.
- If employees can start having packages delivered to their homes instead of campus that would ensure quicker delivery.
- We will only be processing UPS packages that are being charged to an AU account number. No personal packages.
- Employees can email email@example.com or call 4328 if they have questions or need assistance with mail/packages.
The Center for Western Studies Fantle building is closed.
During this time, only current Augustana students and employees, with appropriate ID, will be permitted inside the building.
Campus Ministry is still here for you in these uncertain days of COVID-19!
- A devotional blog with new featured writers each week
- Facebook Live, Mondays at 10 a.m. In lieu of an in-person worship experience, Pastors Ann and Andrea will offer a brief moment of reflection to begin your week. “Follow” the Campus Ministry Facebook Page to stay connected.
- Viking Huddles, Wednesdays at 10 a.m., via Zoom. For anyone in the AU community simply looking to gather (online) with others. A half hour of social connectivity focused loosely around a question or topic.
The CLC will follow Augustana’s procedures when it comes to closing the center. The Campus Learning Center is open 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.