Join us throughout the day on Friday, May 12, as we celebrate retiring Augustana University President Rob Oliver and First Lady Angie Oliver.
- Chapel Service
- 10 a.m., Chapel of Reconciliation
- Sermon by Rev. Dr. Paul Rhode, campus pastor, centered on one of Rob's favorite Bible passages: "Where there is no vision, the people perish." — Proverbs 29:18.
- Message from Rev. David Zellmer, bishop of the South Dakota Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Featuring a special performance by The Augustana Choir, under the direction of Dr. Paul Nesheim.
- Service Project
- Throughout the day, Morrison Commons
- Students, alumni, friends, faculty and staff are all invited to lend a hand throughout the day in support of those in need in our community. More details on our service project will be announced in April.
- Lunch for Students with President Oliver
- Noon - 1 p.m., Ordal Dining Room
- This event is exclusively for students and will feature a short presentation by the Augustana Student Association. Join Rob for lunch, say thanks for his many contributions to Augustana, take photos with the President, and enjoy one of the Olivers' favorite desserts.
- Campus Picnic
- 4:30 - 7 p.m., Commons Circle and the Campus Green
- This family-friendly event is for students as well as faculty and staff (and their families), along with alumni and friends of AU. Join Rob and Angie for burgers and brats, good conversation and reflection on Augustana's last two decades.
- Featuring music, inflatables and fun!
- This event is free, but RSVPs are appreciated. RSVP today.
Can't join us for Oliver Day? Join the conversation, celebrate and send well wishes to Rob and Angie online using #OliverDay.