Rendezvous: Presentation on Ecuador and the Holi Festival of Color
Date: April 21, 2017
Times: 3 p.m.
Location: Back Alley
Ticket Info: Free and Open to the Public
This academic year, the International Program Office and Augustana International Club will again host the weekly Rendezvous events. The events are at 3 p.m. nearly every Friday. The usual location is the Back Alley.
Rendezvous gives students from around the globe a forum to present on their home country, and returning study-abroad students an opportunity to share their experience abroad. Topics include local culture, entertainment, history and little-known facts.
Rendezvous events are free and open to the public. Below is a list of scheduled events for the 2016-17 academic year.
- April 14 — no Rendezvous; Easter Break
- April 21 — Ecuador and the Holi Festival of Color
- April 28 — Ethiopia
- May 5 — South Korea
- May 12 — Farewell Party
- Sept. 2 — IPO Open House
- Sept. 9 — Germany
- Sept. 16 — Vietnam
- Sept. 23 — Tunisia
- Sept. 30 — Pakistan
- Oct. 7 — Russia, Studying in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- Oct. 14 — International Student Showcase. This special Viking Days program will include an Ethiopian Coffee ceremony and alumni reception. Photos and memorabilia from recent study abroad and international student experiences will be on display.
- Oct. 21 — no Rendezvous; Fall Break
- Oct. 28 — Zimbabwe
- Nov. 4 — Venezuela
- Nov. 11 — Ethiopia
- Nov. 18 — Refugee Crisis
- Nov. 25 — no Rendezvous; Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 2 — Diversity and Inclusion Presentation by Wilson Kubwayo
- Dec. 9 — IPO Christmas party and Farewell
- Jan. 6 — Study-Abroad Experience in Peru
- Jan. 27 — no Rendezvous; Interim Break
- Feb. 3 — Interim Course Reveal
- Feb. 10 — Peace Scholars and Xavier Tavera
- Feb. 17 — Campus gardening, growing spaces, and sustainability projects
- Feb. 24 — India
- March 3 — International Women's Day
- March 10 — no Rendezvous; Spring Break
- March 17 — no Rendezvous; Spring Break
- March 24 — Pakistan
- March 31 — Bangladesh
- April 7 — Colombia