The Greek Connection: Culture, Mind & Body (Jan. 1-23, 2019)
Professors: Olivia Lima (Psychology), Muriel Larson (Nursing)
Explore cultural interpretations of health, well-being, and transcultural care... in the very country where so many of our ideas about mind and body are historically rooted. Activities will include interaction with local experts at universities, hospitals, and community health outreach programs, as well as visits to major archaeological sites and museums, and excursions to the vibrant Greek countryside and coast (including Delphi, Olympia, and the island of Crete).
Price: $4965-5400 (The final price depends on the number of students in the group, as well as currency fluctuations, and will be set in October)
Contact Financial Aid to find out whether your aid can be applied to this course, or whether you are eligible to apply for additional aid. Scholarship applications will be available through the International Programs Office in May.
Requirements: There are no pre-requisites for this course; students from any major may apply. You will earn 4 credits, which will satisfy one required elective in the PSYC major/minor.
- Apr 6: Priority application deadline (apply via StudioAbroad)
- Apr 12: Students who applied during the priority period will be notified whether accepted into the course. (If there are still seats remaining, rolling applications will continue until the course fills, or Oct. 1 at the latest.) A $500 deposit is required to secure your registration.
- Sept 15: Last day to withdraw for a full refund of your deposit
- Nov: Final payment due after Augustana's fall/interim registration
- Jan 1: Depart for Greece!