Highlights, Special Features and Opportunities
From the Pre-Med Club to the Biology Club, learn about Augustana’s campus-based and nationally-affiliated clubs and organizations you can participate in as a biology major.
Augustana's biology department is one of the more active groups on campus.
- In January 2017, 12 students joined Dr. Craig Spencer, professor of biology, and Dr. Dave O’Hara, associate professor of philosophy, for a one-month immersion experience in a real-time living laboratory located nearly 3,000 miles from campus. Read more, as students and faculty reflect on their J-Term course in Guatemala and Belize.
- In 2016, students Jordan Bormann, Evan Meyer, Ellen Voigt, and April Walnofer — and Augustana faculty — presented their biology research at the April 2-6 Experimental Biology annual meeting, a gathering in San Diego, California, of more than 14,000 scientists from around the world.
Clubs and Organizations
- Augustana Pre-Med Club is an organization dedicated to helping its members prepare for application and admission into medical schools, as well as providing social activities for students in health-related programs. Visit their on-campus page link.
- The Biology Club promotes interest in biology and to increase appreciation of the sciences. The club will endeavor to provide members with opportunities for fellowship and self-improvement in the field. Visit the Biology Club page.
- Augie Green works toward establishing ecologically sound environments on campus and the local community. "Go Green." Visit their on campus page link.
- Beta Beta Beta is the local chapter of the National Biological Honor Society. Visit their on-campus page link.