Lab Software Requests
If you have software that is not installed as part of the basic lab image, this is the procedure you need to follow. This type of software is usually purchased by a department or is included with a text book.
- The first step it to contact the Help Desk and talk about software requirements.
- Once you receive the software bring it to the Help Desk along with a completed software installation form and we will begin the installation process.
- When the test installation is complete you will receive a message asking you to come to the Help Desk to test the software. We would like you to test all pieces of the program including printing.
- After faculty testing is complete the software install will be included in the next rebuild of the lab. See the chart below for deadlines.
When purchasing software to be installed in a lab at Augustana, please follow these guidelines
· For PC Compatible Workstations: Runs on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7
· For Macintosh Workstations: Runs on OS X Snow Leopord
· License must cover the entire lab (number varies by lab). You must provide a copy of the license agreement to the Help Desk
· We suggest that you contact the Help Desk before purchasing software
To have software installed in Augustana Computer labs please be aware of the following dates.
Fall Semester Software to IS by July 1
Interim Software to IS by November 1
Spring Semester Software to IS by December 1
Summer Sessions Software to IS by April 1