Printing from your Student Computer - Windows Instructions
First you need to install the PaperCut client software
- Click on the Start button then click Computer on your start menu. (If you are still a windows XP user it will be labeled My Computer
- On the top of the window there will be an area that is similar to a web browser that will say “computer.” Click on that and delete anything in that field and then type in: \\focus.augie.edu (Be sure to use the back-slash key located on the top right of the keyboard.)
- Open the folder titled PC Client then the win folder
- Double click client-local-install.exe and follow the instructions. When asked for your login and password – use your regular Augustana username an password.
Now install the printer in your Residence Hall.
- Click on the Start button then click Computer on your start menu. (If you are still a windows XP user it will be labeled (My Computer)
- On the top of the window there will be an area that is similar to a web browser that will say “computer.” Click on that and delete anything in that field and then type in: \\focus.augie.edu (Be sure to use the forward slash key located on the top right of the keyboard.)
- Now locate and double click on the printer for your dorm.
- Next an installation window will pop up. Once the screen prompts you to locate the driver click on the have disk option.
- The next window will ask you to locate the disk on your computer. In the area next to the browse button type in: \\focus.augie.edu and then click on the browse button.
- The same screen will come up where you selected the printers only this time you will need to click on the folder titled: “print drivers”
Locate the correct folder for you Operating system. If you have Windows XP or Windows 7 32bit choose the HP4350 folder.
- To verify your OS type in windows Vista and Windows 7 - click on start and right click Computer the select properties. Here it will list your OS (example Windows 7 64bit)
- Next click on the file located within the folder and select open. Then OK.
Next a window will pop up asking you to indentify which type of printer you have.
- All resident hall printers are: hp LaserJet 4350 PCL6
- LibUpper is HP4350DTN
- LibLower and LibMain are both HP4515DTN
- Click on next and the printer will install.
- Once the printer is installed find it within your Printers and Devices tab under the start menu.
- Right click on the printer and select Printer Properties.
- Find the Device Settings tab and open it.
- Scroll down to the option called Duplexing unit (for two sided printing).
- Click on the drop down window and switch it from uninstalled to installed.
- Next go back into your Devices and Printers and right click on the printer this time selecting Printing Preferences
- Click on print on both sides and duplexing.
- You are now able to print to the selected campus printers.
Please call the Help Desk (605-274-5331) if you have any problems