CATV - Cable TV at Augustana
Cable TV is available in most Residence Hall Rooms and Apartments on a subscripiton basis.
Once you are subscribed, to set up your TV, follow these guidlines:
Connect the Cable to your TV's Cable Inut jack
- This is usually the LOWER of the two cable jacks in your room
- You will need a standard F type CaTV coaxial patch cable. A 25 foot cable should reach most places in your room.
Bring up the Menu on your TV and set the following:
- Set the antenna type to CATV (not off-air)
- Select the option on your TV to auto-tune the channels
As of May 17, 2011, Augustana's Cable TV combines analog and digital channels
- If you have an analog TV, you will only get channels 2-22
If you have a digital TV, you will get 2-99 after having your TV scan for channels (see your owners manual)
- Most HD or digital TVs sold after 2006 have an internal digital QAM tuner
- If the TV remote has a dot (.) or dash (-) , the TV probably has a internal digital QAM tuner. Check your manual for scanning or manual channel instructions. If you no longer have the owner's manual, you may find it on the TV manufacturer's website.
Channle Linups -
Click this link for Augustana College/Midco Basic Cable Channels
Problems with your CATV?
Q. I don't get channels above 23?
A. As of May 17, Midco converted the Basic Cable channels above 23 to digital. You will need a digital tuner on your TV to get these channels.
Q. I only get the bottom 13 channels?
A. Use your TV's menu to select CATV or Cable TV (rather than Off-Air or Antenna).
Q. I don't get sound on some channels?
A. There is an MTS setting on some TV's. Sometimes it is a button that gets pushed, sometines it's in the menu. MTS means Multichannel Television Sound and allows multiple languages. Most of the time, only the English channel is used and the others are silent. Be sure your MTS is set to english.