ITS Budget Request Notice
This is a copy of the current notice that was sent out via email
Augustana Faculty, Administration and Staff,
This is the time of year that we ask you to think about your technology needs and submit your requests to the ITS Committee. These requests will be reviewed by the ITS Committee in February and funds from the 2015/2016 budget will be allocated. See our www.augie.edu/itswebpage for further details on the Budget Request Procedures and Guidelines.
Attached to this message you will find a copy of the request form. Please fill out this form with as much detail as possible. This will help the Committee make informed choices.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare your request
· All funding requests for information technology on campus should flow through this yearly process. (Alternatively funded information technology should always be reviewed with ITS, but may skip this yearly funding process).
· Requests should be reviewed and signed by your department chair/division leadership and your ITS Committee representative. Make sure they understand your needs. Your ITS Committee representative is your advocate and can help you determine what can be funded under the ITS Budget Request Guidelines.
· How do you know if you are eligible for a desktop or laptop upgrade?
o Desktops: if you DON'T have an HP brand desktop, you can consider requesting an upgrade.
o Laptops: if you DON'T have an HP brand laptop, or your laptop inventory tag is lower than 7633, you can consider requesting an upgrade.
o If your current computer is not working properly, please contact the Help Desk (5331). We would be happy to take a look and see if there are things we can do to fix it. We can often get it working like new.
· Begin by filling out the request form making sure to include details when possible. Sharon Gray, Instructional Technologist, Cheryl Swanson, Help Desk Coordinator, and your ITS Committee representative can assist you in analyzing and determining your technology needs.
· Submit your requests to your department/division leadership well before the February 11, 2015 deadline so they may approve (sign) and rank all submissions from their area.
· Signed and ranked forms should be mailed or emailed to the ITS Committee Chair, Dan Drenkow, no later than February 11, 2015.
· The ITS Committee will review the requests and inform you of your budget allocations by April of 2015. Allocations will be funded starting August 2015 and into the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
Additional information can be found at: