Campus Wireless Information
Most all of Augustana College's indoor spaces are wireless. All academic areas, and most residence halls now have dual band N wireless capabilities.
Wireless locations on campus
Nearly all locatoins on campus are covered by the Augustana wireless network. All academic, residence and administrative buildings on campus have wirelss with the exception of:
- Archeology Buildings
- Baseball/Softball Building
- Physical Plant boiler building
You may experience limited or poor connectivity depending on your location within a building, but most heavily used locations have good wireless connectivity.
Many outdoor areas within the campus are also covered by the Augustana wireless network.
If you are experiencing problems with wireless, or to request additional wireless in a building, please contact the Augustana College Helpdesk, 274-5331.
Wireless in the residence halls
The Augustana wireless network is available in almost all campus residence halls. The expected method of connecting to the Augustana network is via wireless. Most residence hall rooms have one port of wired connectivity available for systems that cannot connect to wireless.
Augustana provides both 2.4 and 5 GHz N based wireless, Personal wireless routers will conflict with our channels and can degrade Augustana wireless for other students. Now that we have upgraded the full campus controller based wireless, we cannot allow students to connect and use personal wireless routers. Our system will effectively disable the use of personal wireless routers.
Connecting to the wireless network
The use of the Augustana wireless network requries web based authentication. Full access is granted to users with an Augustana email username and password. Limited access is available to guests of the college.
The SSID or Netowrk Name for use by the Augustana Communith and Guests is Augie Campus. This SSID will be the name that you will see in your wireless client. You may see other network names available for specific uses or from rogue users, but Augie Campus is the only SSID you should connect to.
- Connect to wireless SSID/Network Name: Augie Campus
- At this point, the computer will be redirected to a Cisco NAC Agent login page. If not, launch a web browser and you will see this page.
- Login to the system using the same user name and password you were given for your Augustana email account and my.augie.account.
Follow the instructions on the screen to download the Cisco NAC Agent Access client and get your computer connected to the internet.
- Mac OS X users: once logged in via your browser, Mac users are authenticated and can skip the rest of these instructions.
- Install the Cisco NAC Agent.
- You may be directed to update your virus protection or run Windows Updates. Just follow the instructions on the screen.
Use your Augustana network login (the one you use for my.augie.edu, email, etc.). Select Faculty of Student from the pull down list. If you are a guest on campus, click the Guest Access button on the bottom of the screen and follow those instructions.