Five Finalists Chosen for the Annual Concerto-Aria
Thursday, March 4, 2010
SIOUX FALLS, SD – Five Augustana students have been chosen to perform with the Augustana Orchestra for the annual Concerto-Aria to be held May 8 at 8:00 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church.
An outside panel of three judges selected the students during auditions held Sunday in Kresge Recital Hall. The competition included 22 finalists.
“If you have seen the television show, America's Got Talent, this was steps above,” said Dr. Chrisropher Stanichar, a member of the Augustana music department faculty. “It could easily be called, Augustana's Got Talent!”
Concerto-Aria competition winners
- Christopher Haak, bassoon. Christopher is a junior majoring in music and psychology. He is the son of Tammi and Larry Haak of Urbandale, Iowa.
- Megan Hasche, marimba. Megan is a junior majoring in journalism and French. She is the daughter of Wendy and Bruce Hasche of Sioux Falls.
- Rachel Hoogendoorn, soprano. Rachel is a junior majoring in music education. She is the daughter of Donna Hey and Rick Hoogendoorn of Sioux Falls.
- Joshua Lund, tuba. Joshua is a junior majoring in music. He is the son of Debra and Brian Lund of Omaha.
- Casey Ortbahn, piano. Casey is a sophomore majoring in biology. He is the son of Rena and David Ortbahn of Pierre, S.D.
- Micah Jastram, marimba. Micah is a senior majoring in music education. He is the son of Gretchen Stuckey of Cheyenne, Wyo., and John Jastram of Sioux Falls.
- Jason Roseth, trombone. Jason is a junior majoring in music. He is the son of Michele Holien of Sioux Falls.