Three Elected to Augustana Board of Trustees
Augustana College today announced that delegates to the annual meeting of the Augustana Association have elected three individuals to serve on the College’s Board of Trustees.
The Augustana Association consists of all congregations in the South Dakota, Western Iowa, Southwestern Minnesota, and Nebraska synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Association is responsible for electing members to serve on the Board of Trustees.
Joining the Board for three-year terms beginning in 2011 are: Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer, class of 1973, of Minneapolis, Minn.; Rickard Hedeby, class of 1983, of Phoenix, Ariz.; and Emil Her Many Horses, class of 1979, of Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer earned a bachelor’s degree with a major in Nursing from Augustana College in 1973. She went on to earn her master’s degree in Nursing from the University of Iowa and a Ph.D. in Health Services Research, Policy and Administration from the University of Minnesota. She currently serves as founder and director of the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota. She is also co-director of the Doctorate in Nursing Practice Program.
- Rickard Hedeby grew up on a dairy farm in western Iowa. At Augustana, he majored in business and also played football before graduating in 1983. After serving as president of a publicly-traded Internet technology firm, Hedeby formed Intertec International, an information technology company that provides services to enterprises operating in the global marketplace. Hedeby serves as chief executive officer for the firm, which has offices in Phoenix, London, and Costa Rica. His family still operates a farming business in Iowa.
- Emil Her Many Horses grew up on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in Todd County, S.D. After graduating from Augustana in 1979, he served as curator for a museum at Rosebud. After working in various positions within the museum services industry, he was named associate curator for the National Museum of the American Indian, a unit of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. Her Many Horses is an accomplished bead artist, specializing in works that depict his native heritage. His professional work is concentrated around Northern and Southern Plains Indian culture. He was the recipient of an Augustana Accomplished Alumni Award in 2008.
In addition to Kreitzer, Hedeby and Her Many Horses, other members of the Augustana Board of Trustees include:
- Chair: Dennis Anderson, '78, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Vice Chair: John Thomas, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Secretary: Becky Blue, '81, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Bill Lindquist, '82, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- John Lust, '90, Lincoln, Neb.
- James Odland, '77, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Dr. Mike Olson, '72, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Bill Dannehl, York, Pa.
- Dr. Tanya Oyos, '82, Edina, Minn.
- Tom Davis, '83, Sioux Falls
- Karen Pfeifer, '73, Worthington, Minn.
- Kirk Dean, Fargo, N.D.
- Laurel Prieb, '77, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Danae Delman, '77, Alexandria, Va.
- Dr. Gayle Reardon, '74, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Laura Doshier, '07, Sioux Falls, S.D. (Young Trustee)
- Don Jacobs, Worthing, S.D.
- George Kapplinger, '65, Frisco, Texas
- Brad Twedt, '82, Chicago, Ill.
- Jennifer Kirby, '93, Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- Lois Van Dam Martin, '85, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Dr. John VanderWoude, '74, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- David Lillehaug, '76, Edina, Minn.
- Rev. Greg Wilcox, '78, Sioux Falls, S.D.
Director of Communications & Media Relations