Seven Students to Receive Scholarships April 9
Seven students will receive scholarships honoring their academic achievements and extracurricular involvement at the 47th annual Friends of Augustana and Augustana Women Scholarship Breakfast on Saturday, April 9.
The event will begin at 9 a.m. in the 3-in-1 room in Augustana’s Morrison Commons and will include a presentation by Brad Heegel, director of special projects, on the Augustana Band’s January 2011 tour of Egypt.
Tickets for the event are $12 and can be reserved by calling 605.274.5521.
The scholarship recipients are:
Elizabeth Balcer Scholarships
- Alyssa Weber, a sophomore religion major from Aberdeen, S.D., is a chapel musician and a member of the College/Community Band. She is the daughter of Rick and Debra Weber.
- Tiffany Newman, a freshman government/international affairs and secondary education from Faulkton, S.D., is involved with the College Republicans and has served as a mentor at Thomas Edison Middle School. She is the daughter of Marlin and Marilyn Newman.
- Emily Schlehuber, a freshman majoring in psychology and English from Fort Collins, Colo., is a volunteer for the Big Brother Big Sister Program. She is the daughter of Joy Santner and David Schlehuber.
Cora Stavig Scholarships
- Hannah Miller, a junior elementary education major from Mankato, Minn., has served on the Faith Fest Central Committee, Chapel staff, New Student Orientation, Union Board of Governors and the College/Community Band and Quartet. She is the daughter of Tim and Jodie Miller.
- Rebecca Fahey, a freshman music education major from Spearfish, S.D., is a member of the Augustana Band, Collegiate Choral and Theatre. She is the daughter of Patrick and Lisa Fahey.
- Alexis Ronke, a freshman elementary and special education major from Sioux Falls, is active in Friends Link and in the Council for Exceptional Children. She is the daughter of Kelly Hoffman.
Friends of Augustana Scholarship
- Noelle Harris, a junior nursing major from St. Cloud, Minn., serves as a peer advisor, works as a music coordinator for the Chapel of Reconciliation and is a member of the Augustana Nursing Student Association (ANSA) and the gay-straight alliance (GSA). She is the daughter of Donna Harris.
Director of Communications & Media Relations