Seven Students Named Christopherson Scholars
Friday, March 30, 2012
Seven Augustana students have been awarded Fred C. and J. Marie Christopherson Scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year.
The Augustana Faculty Scholarship and Awards Committee made the selections on the basis of scholarship, campus/community service, and how well the nominees fit the description of the donors as someone “equipped for life.”
Fred C. Christopherson, who died in 1989, was the editor of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader for 31 years. J. Marie Christopherson, who died in 1989, wrote the "Driftwood" column published in the Argus Leader for 20 years.
The 2012-2013 Christopherson Scholarship recipients are:
- Luke Hannemann, a junior math and secondary education major from Sioux Falls
- Kristina Johnson, a junior psychology and journalism major from Harrisburg, S.D.
- Tyler Matson, a junior government major from Sioux Falls
- Zer Moua, a junior nursing major from Tracy, Minn.
- Erin Schoenbeck, a junior business administration and government major from Watertown, S.D.
- Lucinda Weaver, a junior chemistry/biochemistry major from Duluth, Minn.
- Megan Wendt, a junior journalism major from Amboy, Minn.