Augustana Welcomes New Faculty Members to Campus
With the 2018-19 academic year officially underway, Augustana welcomes 11 new faculty to our AU community this fall.
Please take the time to welcome our newest full-time faculty members:
- Jessica Johnson, assistant professor of biology, has a Ph.D. in animal science from Kansas State University. She was previously a teaching assistant professor at Kansas State University in the division of biology.
- Charles Weiss, assistant professor of chemistry, has a Ph.D. in chemistry from Northwestern University. He comes to us from Wabash College in Indiana, where he was a visiting assistant professor of chemistry.
- Georgy Loginov, visiting assistant professor, has a Ph.D. in economics from University of Wisconsin, Madison. Georgy has worked previous semesters at Augustana University as a part-time instructor in economics as well as taught at University of Sioux Falls as a mathematics adjunct.
- Anita Manning, assistant professor of literacy and online graduate education, has an Ed.D. in educational administration: adult and higher ed from The University of South Dakota. Anita has worked both at AU and the University of Sioux Falls as an adjunct professor of education.
- Brad Uhing, assistant professor of special education, has his Ph.D. in special education from the University of Nebraska. He has worked for Augustana previously as a part-time faculty member in education. He has also been the Executive Director for Public Policy and Research at CEGA Innovations in Sioux Falls.
- David Golemboski, assistant professor of government and international affairs, has a Ph.D. in Government from Georgetown University. He comes to us from the University of Missouri where he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Kinder Institute on Constitutional Democracy.
- Corey Vorland, visiting assistant professor, has a Ph.D. in mathematics from North Dakota State University. He most recently was a graduate teaching fellow at North Dakota State for finite mathematics, linear algebra, and intermediate algebra.
- Ranae Aukerman, assistant professor of nursing, is an Augie alum who has a doctorate of nursing practices from the University of Minnesota. She most recently served as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with Sanford.
- Margot Nelson, chair of nursing. Welcome back Margo! Margo has a Ph.D. in Nursing from the University of Minnesota. While officially retiring from Augustana in 2011, Margot has been back several times to assist in the nursing department.
- Julie Swanstrom, assistant professor of philosophy, has a Ph.D. in philosophy from Purdue University. She comes to us from Georgia Southern University, Armstrong Campus, where she was an assistant professor of philosophy.
- Jacee Casarella, instructor and technical director for theatre, has an MFA in scenic design from Wayne State University. She comes to us from the University of Sioux Falls where she was an adjunct faculty member and designer/painter.