Eight Students Inducted to Religion Studies Honor Society
Augustana's chapter of Theta Alpha Kappa (TAK) inducted eight new members this fall. They joined current members and TAK co-presidents Lizzie Davis '17 (Sioux Falls) and Austin Krohnke '18 (Waukee, Iowa) in an induction ceremony and dinner with Rev. Dr. Monica Coleman.
Theta Kappa Alpha is a national honors society for religious studies that links academics and research with service to the community. Students in TAK will plan a campus-wide service project for this academic year.
The following students were inducted into TAK this fall:
- Josh Barrows '19 (Helena, Montana)
- Breanna Burklund '17 (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Emma Long '17 (Byron, Minnesota)
- Hannah Norem '18 (Houston, Texas)
- Erin Nuetzman '18 (Story City, Iowa)
- Haley Plucheck '18 (Centennial, Colorado)
- Madison Todd '17 (Sioux Falls)
- Benjamin Trenne '18 (Grand Forks, North Dakota)
About Theta Alpha Kappa
Induction requires nomination by a local chapter and, to be eligible, students must have a 3.5 GPA in religious studies and/or theology and a 3.0 GPA overall. Residency, class ranking, and unit requirements must also be met.
In addition to encouraging the activities of local chapters, Theta Alpha Kappa maintains a vigorous national program of scholarship awards and fellowship competitions; its primary publication, the Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa, offers an annual prize and the publication of outstanding student papers.