Severe Weather Update: Campus Closings, Event Cancellations
Due to severe weather, a number of locations on campus are closed and some events have been canceled.
The following campus locations will be closed on Saturday, April 14:
The following events have been canceled:
Performing & Visual Arts events:
- The worship service scheduled for Sunday, April 15, in the Chapel of Reconciliation has been canceled.
The following event proceeded as scheduled:
The following on-campus locations will offer normal hours on Saturday, April 14:
- The Elmen Center
- The Ordal Dining Room and the Huddle
Campus Safety Update
On Saturday, snow removal on campus may be a challenge. It is likely parking lots and sidewalks will not be cleared until starting on Sunday, April 15th.
The City of Sioux Falls has also announced preparation for the storm to include:
- Plows will only clear emergency snow routes until the snow stops
- Public transportation will only operate on emergency snow routes
- The Midco Aquatic Center and all libraries will be closed.
- They have not issued a no travel advisory, YET.
If you normally park on a city street, plan ahead and move your car to off-street parking before the snow starts. Augustana will make the KO Stadium parking lot off of Lake Avenue available on Friday for off-street parking. Call Campus Safety for a ride back to your residence hall, 605.274.4014.
We will also send out a notice via the Emergency Notification System when/if the city announces a snow alert.