Severe Weather Update: Wednesday Classes Canceled
Due to severe winter weather, the Augustana Department of Campus Safety has announced that classes for Wednesday, Feb. 3, have been canceled.
Students should follow their normal Thursday class schedule on Thursday, Feb. 4.
Due to the cancellation of classes, several departments have announced adjusted hours:
- Augustana's Mikkelsen Library will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3.
- The Augustana University Bookstore will be open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 2, and from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3.
- The Chapel of Reconciliation invites all to gather at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3. Prayers will be offered for the safe travel of students and staff returning to campus.
- Dining Services' Ordal Dining Hall is open from 5 - 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2. Normal ODH hours start Wednesday, Feb. 3, at 7:15 a.m. The Huddle is closed until Wednesday, Feb. 3, at 9 a.m.
- The Rec Services Elmen Center hours are:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2:
- Elmen Center is open until 4 p.m. and then re-opens from 8 - 11 p.m.
- Weight room is open from 8 - 11 p.m.
- Pool is open from 8:30 - 11 p.m.
- Racquetball courts are open from 8 - 11 p.m.
- The gym area is open from 9:15 - 11 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 3:
- Elmen Center will be open regular hours from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- All Group fitness classes are canceled for the day.
- Tuesday, Feb. 2:
Normal campus activities and class schedules will resume on Thursday, Feb. 4. The University will continue to monitor weather and road conditions to determine any changes in normal campus activities for the remainder of the week.
Winter Weather Notice
On Monday, Feb. 1, Augustana Campus Safety issued the following notice:
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard watch for Sioux Falls. The watch is in effect from late Monday through late Tuesday night. Accumulations of 4 to 7 inches of snow will be possible within the watch area, which includes the campus.
If you are planning to return from break on Tuesday, please check road and weather conditions before heading back to campus. Drive safely and please plan ahead.
If you are on campus please make sure your vehicle is not parked on a city street to prepare for a snow alert. Parking is available in the south Elmen Center parking lot, no permit is required during the snow alert.
You may contact Campus Safety if you need a ride to or from the Elmen Center parking lot during the alert.