U.S. News Ranks Augustana Among the Best for Online Master's in Education Programs
U.S. News has again given Augustana University top marks for its online master's degree program in education.
The ranking is based on student engagement, student services and technology, faculty credentials and training, admissions selectivity and peer reputation. At AU, the online master's degree in education program is in high demand — enrollment in the program is up more than 500 percent in the last five years.
Augustana's 19-month, master of arts in education online degree program is designed for those who hold a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in education and are eligible for licensure.
“For today’s teachers, the decision to obtain a master’s degree is an important investment in their future. In addition to enhancing their abilities to create positive learning environments for students, in most cases a master’s degree correlates to increased compensation. By offering our program online, we’re able to accommodate the busy lives of adult learners while making the dream of a master’s degree a reality for teachers in rural areas.”
– Dr. Jerry Jorgensen
Interim Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
The program features five areas of concentration:
- Instructional Strategies: a focus on practical applications to support student achievement and engagement
- Reading: a focus on teaching strategies, assessment, and instruction that facilitates deeper comprehension of fiction and nonfiction texts
- Special Populations: a focus on how to support and teach at-risk students, with an emphasis on autism, response to intervention (RTI) and emotional/behavioral issues
- STEM: a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Technology: a focus on utilizing and implementing technology to enhance student learning