Printing from your Student Computer - Mac Instructions
First, install the PaperCut client
If you already have PaperCut installed on your computer you will need to remove and re-add the program. To remove PaperCut, follow these instructions:
- Open Finder.
- Click Applications.
- Find the PaperCut App and select it
- Click the File menu.
- Click Move to Trash.
- Click and hold the Trash icon.
- Click Empty Trash
You will also need to uninstall the old printers:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- Highlight the printer.
- Click the minus sign on the left side of the screen.
Now, you can install the newest Papercut:
- Open the “Finder”. (The icon that looks like a face)
- Click “Go”at the top of the window, select Connect to Server...
- In the “Server Address” box type: smb://printers.augie.edu/pcclient
- Select the option to connect as “Guest”
- Double-click the “mac” folder
- Doublc click the “client-local-install” file. This will install the PaperCut client
- Open PaperCut from the Applications folder on your Mac
Now it’s time to install the Printer
- Open “System Preferences” (Looks like a gear)
- Click the “Print & Fax” (or Printers & Scanners )icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the plus (+) sign, located just below the list of installed printers.
- The printer browser window will appear.
- Click the “IP” on the top toolbar of the window.
- Fill in the fields as indicated below.
- *Address: printers.augie.edu
- *Protocol: Choose “Internet Printing Protocol –IPP”
- *Queue: printers/<printer name> e.g. printers/Berg_Printer (See list of printer names below)
- *Name: (enter a descriptive name such as Berg_Printer)
- *Location: (optional)
- *Use: Choose “Generic PostScript Printer”
- Click the “Add” button.
- Check the Duplex Printing Unit box and click OK.
Below is a list of some of the printers available for student use on campus.
Please call the Help Desk (605-274-5331) if you have any problems.