The research done by Augustana physics students and faculty has been published in a number of leading journals.
Students have also presented their work at many scientific conferences, including the annual meetings of the American Physical Society (both DAMOP and the April Meeting), the APS Prairie Section, the American Chemical Society Midwestern Regional Meeting, and the International Confernece on Photonic, Electronic, and Atomic Collisions (ICPEAC).
Recent peer-reviewed publications by Augustana physics students and faculty:
- B. Jochim, R. Siemering, M. Zohrabi, O. Voznyuk, J.B. Mahowald, D.G. Schmitz, K.J. Betsch, B. Berry, T. Severt, N.G. Kling, T.G. Burwitz, K.D. Carnes, M.F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak, E. Wells, and R. de Vivie-Riedle, “The importance of Rydberg orbitals in dissociative ionization of small hydrocarbon molecules in intense laser fields”, Scientific Reports 7, 4441 (2017).
- P.Agnes, et al., “Results from the first use of low radioactivity argon in a dark matter search”, Phys. Rev. D93 (2016) no.8, 081101.
- A. Adare et al. (PHENIX Collaboration) "Centrality dependent modification of jet production rates in deuteron-gold collisions at sqrt(s_NN) = 200 GeV,'' Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 122301 (2016)
- P. Agnes et al., “The veto system of the DarkSide-50 experiement”, JINST 11 (2016) no.03 P03016.
- P.Agnes, et al., “First Results from the DarkSide-50 Dark Matter Experiment at Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso”, Phys. Lett. B743 (2015) 456-466.
A. Summers, B. Langdon, J. Garlick, X. Ren, D. Wilson, S. Zigo, M. Kling, S. Lei, C. Elles,E. Wells, E. Poliakoff, K. Carnes, V. Kumarappan, I. Ben-Itzhak, and C. Trallero-Herrero, "Long term carrier-envelope-phase stabilization of a terawatt-class Ti:Sapphire laser," in Frontiers in Optics 2015, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America, 2015).
B. Langdon, J. Garlick, X. Ren, D.J. Wilson, A.M. Summers, S. Zigo, M.F. Kling, S. Lei, C.C. Elles, E. Wells, E. Poliakoff, V. Kumarappan, I. Ben-Itzhak, and C.A. Trallero-Herrero, “A carrier-envelope-phase stabilized terawatt class laser at 1 kHz with a wavelength tunable option”, Optics Express 23, 4563-4572 (2015)
- V. M. Abazov, et al., “Electron and Photon Identification in the D0 experiement,”, Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 750, 78 (2014).
- A. Adare et al. (PHENIX Collaboration) "Heavy-flavor electron-muon correlations in p+p and d+Au collisions at sqrt(s_NN) = 200 GeV" Phys. Rev C89, 034915 (2014).
- C.E. Rallis, T.G. Burwitz, P.R. Andrews, M. Zohrabi, R. Averin, S. De, B. Bergues, Bethany Jochim, A.V. Voznyuk, Neal Gregerson, B. Gaire, I. Znakovskaya, J. McKenna, K.D. Carnes, M.F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak and E. Wells, Incorporating real time velocity map image reconstruction into closed-loop coherent control, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 85, 113105 (2014).
- T. Alexander et al., "Light Yield in DarkSide-10: a Prototype Two-phase Argon TPC for Dark Matter Searches", Astroparticle Physics 49, pp. 44-51.
- E. Wells, C.E. Rallis, M. Zohrabi, R. Siemering, B. Jochim, P.R. Andrews, U. Ablikim, B. Gaire, S. De, K.D. Carnes, B. Bergues, R. de Vivie-Riedle, M.F. Kling, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Adaptive Strong-field Control of Chemical Dynamics Guided by Three-dimensional Momentum Imaging”, Nature Communications 4:2895 (2013).
- A. Alton and T. Alexander, “A possible explanation for NuTeV’s anomalous dimuon events”, Phys. Rev. D83:115018 (2011).
- M. Wussow and N. Grau "Determination of the Quark Content of Scalar Mesons Using Hydrodynamical Flow in Heavy Ion Collisions" Phys. Rev. C84, 054902 (2011)
- G. Aad et al. (ATLAS Collaboration) "Observation of a Centrality-Dependent Dijet Asymmetry in Lead-Lead Collisions at sqrt(s_NN)= 2.76 TeV with the ATLAS Detector at the LHC" Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 252303 (2010).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Search for a scalar or vector particle decaying into Zg in p anti-p collisions at s**(1/2) = 1.96-TeV”, Phys. Lett. B 671, 349 (2009).
- Bethany Jochim*, R. Averin*, Neal Gregerson*, S. De, J. McKenna, D. Ray, M. Zohrabi, B. Bergues, K.D. Carnes, M.F. Kling, I. Ben-Itzhak, and E. Wells, "Velocity map imaging as a tool for gaining mechanistic insight from closed-loop studies of molecular fragmentation" Phys. Rev. A 83, 043417 (2011).
- E. Wells, J. McKenna, A.M. Sayler, Bethany Jochim, Neal Gregerson, R. Averin, M. Zohrabi, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Closed-loop control of vibrational population in CO2+”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 43, 015101 (2010).
- E. Wells, Michael Todt, Bethany Jochim, Neal Gregerson, R. Averin, Nathan G. Wells, N.L. Smolnisky, Nathan Jastram, J. McKenna, A.M. Sayler, Nora G. Johnson, M. Zohrabi, B. Gaire, K.D. Carnes and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Examining the feedback signals in closed-loop control of intense laser fragmentation of CO+”, Phys. Rev. A 80, 063402 (2009).
- Bethany Jochim, Amy Lueking, Laura Doshier, Sharayah Carey, E. Wells, Eli Parke, M. Leonard, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Rapid formation of H3+ from ammonia and methane following 4 MeV proton impact”, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys., 42, 091002 (2009).
- E. Wells, Eli Parke, Laura Doshier, Amy Lueking, Bethany Jochim, Sharayah Carey, Mat Leonard, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Bond rearrangement following collisions between fast ions and ammonia or methane”, in Application of Accelerators in Research and Industry, edited by F. Del McDaniel and B.L. Doyle (AIP Press, New York, 2009) pp 133-136.
- A. Alton and T. Alexander, "A possible explanation for NuTeV's anomalous dimuon events", Phys. Rev. D83:115018 (2011).
- H. O. Back, et al, "Depleted argon from underground sources", AIP Conf. Proc 1338: 217-220 (2011).
- V.M. Abazov et al., "Search for a scaler or vector particle decaying into Zg at √s =1.96-TeV" Phys. Lett. B 671: 341 (2009).
- E. Wells, T. Nishide, H. Tawara, R.L. Watson, K.D. Carnes, and I. Ben-Itzhak, “Soft fragmentation of carbon monoxide by slow highly charged ions”, Phys. Rev. A 77, 064701 (2008).
- V. M. Abazov et al., \Search for ZZ and Z°¤ production in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV and limits on anomalous ZZZ and ZZ° couplings", Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 131801 (2008).