Room Selection is the process by which current Augustana University students obtain campus housing for the upcoming year. There are many different housing options available to students at Augustana, so the best advice we can offer is to take your time to research your options and follow the guidelines. The more knowledge you have about the process, specific application procedures, and overall time lines, the better informed you will be when making decisions about your housing options.
Keep in mind that the Campus Life Office uses your high school graduation date, not your academic classification based upon credits earned, to determine your classification in relation to the two-year residency requirement.
Room Selection for 2016- 2017
Please review the information under each heading below to learn more about the Room Selection process for the upcoming school year. Also, see Frequently Asked Room Selection Questions for more specific answers to some of your questions.
- Rising Juniors & Seniors - Visit Rising Juniors & Seniors for information about selecting housing for next year as a current second or third-year student (or beyond).
- Rising Sophomores - Visit Rising Sophomores for information about selecting housing for next year as a current first-year student.
- Housing Options - There are a number of various options for living on-campus. Visit Housing Options for more information about our Theme Houses, Apartments, and each of our Residence Halls.
- Room Selection Calendar - Visit the Room Selection Calendar for a time line of each phase of the Room Selection process and for specific dates related to each aspect of choosing your space for next year.
- Room Selection Forms - Visit Room Selection Forms for access to multiple room selection forms including theme house applications, apartment homesteading and lottery forms, and Room Selection Day proxy information.
- Housing Costs- Visit Housing Costs for 2016- 201.
- Glossary of Terms - Visit the Glossary of Terms to get up to speed on all the Housing and Room Selection jargon. This is a great place to start, as it will help to familiarize you with the terms we will use throughout the process.