Creating a New Student Organization
Student organizations seek University and/or ASA Recognition in order to receive important resources that can help ensure their success. These benefits include: an @ole email address, a business office account, and a Viking Central web page. Students who want to form a new student organization at Augustana just need to follow 3 easy steps:
- Meet with Campus Life Staff to discuss the purpose and goals of the club. Additional discussions might be needed depending on the mission of the club and how that relates to other entities on campus. (ie. Sport Clubs meet with Mark Hecht; Faith-based groups meet with Chapel staff)
- Prepare the necessary information that meets the Requirements for Recognition and log into Viking Central to "Create a New Organization".
- Faculty/Staff Advisor
- 10 members
- Decide between university recognition and ASA recognition. ASA recognition includes the access to funding.
- If seeking ASA Approval, attend the "So Your Group is ASA Approved
- Upon successful completion of the Session, the Assistant Director for Student Engagement will notify the ASA Treasurer that the start-up funds can be deposited (does this make sense? Or should it be automatic?)
- ASA Treasurer will copy the President on the email that requests the funds be transferred (or president will be sent something in Viking Central through the finance tool)