Daily Campus Update — March 16
Augustana University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. As of Monday, March 16, here are the latest things to know:
- Beginning Monday, March 23, through Friday, April 10, all classes will temporarily move online. We anticipate that classes will resume in-person on Tuesday, April 14, following the Easter holiday. Augustana professors, in coordination with the Provost’s Office, will provide guidance for transitioning to online learning and accessing academic and student support services. Please read President Herseth Sandlin’s message.
- Augustana has suspended all spring semester study abroad programs worldwide, including for students participating on third-party provided programs and on sister-university exchanges. Out of caution, students returning from overseas will be asked to self-isolate at home for at least 14 days prior to returning to campus. Augustana is working with affected students to address academic continuity and other considerations. The university has also canceled the Angelus Choir’s participation in ELLA, a women’s choir festival in Potsdam, Germany slated for late April. Should you have questions, please contact IPO.
- Because of visa compliance and regulatory issues, international students are recommended to stay in the U.S. during the online period, whether on-campus or off-campus with friends or relatives. All students should meet with the IPO before traveling abroad. As a reminder, AU has prohibited work travel outside of Sioux Falls for faculty and staff through April 14.
- Students who have extenuating circumstances and are not able to return home through April 10 must fill out a housing application to extend their stay on campus. If you rely on the Dining Room for meals and do not have access to alternatives, it is available during open hours. Also, students who need to access their belongings should schedule a time with Campus Life at email@example.com or Campus Safety.
- The Sanford Health Campus Clinic will continue its regular hours. Before going to the clinic, please call ahead at 605.274.5552 and speak with the registered nurse. The nurse will assess the degree of urgency in symptoms and provide further instructions. You are encouraged to utilize telehealth as much as possible and take preventative measures to help stop the spread including the practice safe distancing. For general COVID-19 information, the public is encouraged to call the South Dakota COVID-19 Information Line at 1.800.997.2880.
- The Center for Western Studies has made the decision to postpone the Boe Forum on Public Affairs, which was originally scheduled to be held on Monday, March 23. Augustana is canceling or postponing all events hosted by the University between Friday, March 13, and Tuesday, April 14.
- The Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference Board of Directors voted unanimously to suspend all activities related to intercollegiate athletics and cancel the remaining 2020 conference competition and championships. Please read the full press release.
- Easily review modified building and service hours across campus at this website page that will be continually updated.
Should you have any questions regarding the coronavirus or need to update the risk-assessment team on campus-related matters or events, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please continue to check for updates and more information on the Augustana coronavirus webpage at augie.edu/coronavirus.