Daily Campus Update — March 17
Augustana University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. As of Tuesday, March 17, here are the latest things to know:
- Augustana has revised its event policy based on new national guidelines issued on Monday, March 16. All meetings involving 10 or more participants will be canceled or postponed until Tuesday, April 14. In cases where even small groups are gathering, we urge you to consider the following:
- The number of people attending and the meeting or event site.
- The age and health of expected attendees.
- The fact that staff are required to help prepare for, service and clean up after your event.
- The ability to conduct the meeting/event virtually.
- A: Information Technology has created a remote access guide and a course continuity guide for faculty and staff to prepare for the transition to online courses and communication. Please refer to these guides for additional information and details.
- While Augustana’s campus remains open, many buildings have adjusted hours and may require an Augie ID to access in order to limit the amount of non-AU community members from coming onto campus. The doors to Madsen Social Science Center have been locked and building access will be limited to those who have authorized key card access. Review our building hours.
- To promote the safest possible conditions for campus, we are disinfecting more frequently with a novel virus certified cleaning agent. A detailed plan is in place to deep clean each surface throughout the entire campus. Several rooms within each building will be closed after disinfection until the rooms are needed again for instruction. These rooms will have a sign indicating they were disinfected and not to use. We strongly encourage preventive hygiene practices, especially washing your hands and not touching your face.
- The university understands the stress and anxiety that our campus community may be facing. If you are feeling overwhelmed we encourage students, faculty and staff to utilize these resources.
- Counseling Services for Students: Augustana Counseling Services is associated with Sioux Falls Psychological Services. Counseling Services are located in the lower level of the Sioux Falls Seminary across the street from the Mikkelsen Library. Telemental health sessions are available for students not on campus. To schedule an appointment (in-person or telemental health sessions), please call 605.334.2696. Review our building hours.
- Counseling Services for Faculty and Staff: Augustana University employees and their families can utilize free, confidential online and face-to-face counseling sessions (3 per year) through AETNA. Please call 1.855.283.1915 or visit mylifevalues.com (Login username and password is RESOURCES).
Should you have any questions regarding the coronavirus or need to update the risk-assessment team on campus-related matters or events, please send a message to email@example.com. Please continue to check for updates and more information on the Augustana coronavirus webpage at augie.edu/coronavirus.