Campus Housing Move In Information
Welcome to Augustana University! We are excited to have you join our on-campus community and take part in all Campus Life has to offer.
IMPORTANT DATES & DETAILS (FALL SEMESTER 2019):
Monday, July 1: Room, roommate information, loft rentals and parking permits available on your portal.
Saturday, August 24: New Student / Transfer Student Move-In Day - 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Check-in at your residence hall if you live in Bergsaker, Solberg, or Tuve.
- Check-in at the Center for Campus Life (Edith Mortensen Center), if you live in East, Granskou, Stavig, or an apartment.
Sunday, August 25: Returning Student Move-In Day - 10:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Check-in at your residence hall or at the Center for Campus Life (Mortenson Center) if you are living in a theme house or apartment.
- Returning students are welcome to check-in anytime after Sunday at 10 a.m. through the start of fall semester classes. Please plan to arrive and check-in during scheduled move-in times or during regular business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). If you will be living in a residence hall and arriving/checking-in after hours, call the on-call Viking Advisor (VA). On-call phone numbers are posted at all residence hall entrances.
- Theme House and apartment residents who must arrive after hours should contact the Center for Campus Life (605-274-5215 or email@example.com) during regular hours - your key will be available for pick-up at the Commons Information Desk (Campus Safety).
- Please Note: Out of courtesy to staff with many duties during these first days of the semester, please refrain from early morning and late night arrivals (before 7 a.m. and after 10 p.m.).
Saturday, August 23 to Tuesday, August 27: Welcome Week
- All first-year students and transfer students.
Tuesday, August 27: Opening Convocation - 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Elmen Center
- All first-year, transfer and upperclass students, faculty and staff.
Wednesday, August 28: First Day of Classes
Monday, September 2: First-Year Seminar (FYS)
- All first-year students
Your Room Assignment
Room and roommate information is available on your portal on July 1st. If you apply after July 1, your assignment will be made on a rolling basis as space is available. Room and roommate information may change based on need. Check the portal for up-to-date room assignment and roommate information.
What to Do Before You Arrive
- Assemble items to bring for your room — see our list of What to Bring.
- Label your boxes and other items with your full name and room number.
- Set up your Augustana email account. This will be Augie’s primary way of contacting you.
- Visit with your roommate (their email address was listed in your room assignment notification - refer to your portal account.)
- Decide which optional services you may wish to purchase such as lofts (Bergsaker, Solberg and East residents only) or cable TV. These optional services may be added through your portal account. Remember, all residence hall rooms are equipped with a refrigerator/microwave unit and students living in campus housing will also have access to free laundry facilities.
- If you plan to bring a car, you need to buy a parking permit. You can do this at the Campus Safety office located in the Commons.
- Visit the portal to complete your emergency contact information and sign up for the emergency notification system.
- Get involved! Browse Viking Central for information on clubs and organizations and upcoming events.
Arrival on Campus (First-Year & Transfer Students on Saturday & Returning Upperclass Students on Sunday)
We encourage you to arrive during designated move-in times.
- First-year and transfer students on Saturday, August 24, (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.) will be welcomed and assisted by staff from a variety of departments on campus.
- Returning students may begin to arrive on Sunday, August 25, (10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.), Campus Life staff will be available to assist with check-in and the Business Office will have staff on site for questions.
New students who need to arrive before residential communities open for fall semester must be approved through the Campus Life office. Please visit Early Arrivals to submit your request.
Postal Mail & Mailing Address to Halls
All students are assigned a campus mailbox, located in the Morrison Commons (on the concourse). Packages sent to your mailbox will be available for at the Campus Safety information desk until pick up. Below is an example of your Augustana University address:
2001 S. Summit Avenue, Box ###
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
The fall semester meal plan begins with dinner on Sunday, August 25.
Student ID Card
New students can pick-up their ID card at the Campus Safety office located at the Commons Information desk. You can also pick up your parking permit while you’re there!
We’re here for you! Contact the Center for Campus Life at 605.274.5215 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional move-in information.